A very functional SUV!
By rdiddy801 on
2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I've had my RAV-4 for about four months now, and I'm quite happy with it. The ride is smooth and the suspension seems solid. I took it off road recently and it handled the terrain okay. I'm getting 25 MPG with a fairly even mix of city/highway driving. The interior is very functional--the back seats slide forward and back, and they split so you have more cargo options. I like the MP3 jack in the center armrest, and there's a little niche there that's perfect for an iPhone. My only complaints: the back window doesn't open (which would allow you to carry long lumber that could hang out the back, for example), and the rear hatch opens towards the curb.
Favorite Features
MP3 jack in the arm rest, functional and easy-to-use center console, splitting and sliding rear seats, reliability, hidden cargo bins under the rear cargo cover, and decent MPG for a 4WD SUV.
Suggested Improvements
Open the rear hatch so you can access it from the curb and make the back hatch window operable. Sometimes it would be nice if the gas tank were bigger, but I looked up the CR-V and the RAV's is bigger than it.