2009 Toyota RAV4 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A Surprise Decision

2009 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

A Surprise Decision
By Surprised and Happy on

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My BMW 330i was fun, solid and hugely expensive to maintain. I researched many options and while looking at an FJ Cruiser, the salesperson suggested a RAV4. I was surprised at the V6 performance and handling was also unexpected. I loaded it up and chose the Limited because of the heated leather seats.The outside spare was not an issue because I was looking at an FJ. The center dash stack is space ship like and the gauges don't all read top of dial for normal. I'm 6ft 3in. and I can wear a cap with the sunroof. This is a very comfortable car with deceptive interior room and storage space, and it is kinda fun to drive. Got the extended warranty and waved good bye to $1000 repairs.

Favorite Features

Taupe leather seats, sound system, storage and cargo capacity, engine acceleration at highway speed.

Suggested Improvements

The rear spare interferes with the back-up camera so mirrors are still necessary. The center stack is just too Starship Enterprise. Top for normal gauges. Firmer driver seat side bolsters.