2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Nice car
By jeff in ky on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

just a great car, I got the v6 which enables it to tow a 16 foot camper.

Buyer Beware of Poor Paint
By stew16 on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Not as fuel efficient as one would expect for a 4 cylinder, a lot of wind noise, not as good as Toyota claims, the paint chips easily and it's not as thick as it should be, would not recommend this vehicle, keep looking, poor sound system. Woofer is already making noise, at nine months.

Small
By Dave on 09/07/10 22:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loved the Rav4 but I found it too small,the drivers seat would not go back far enough for my long legs. I am 6'3". Also the door panel and parking brake were in my way and the center console is too low. Interior needs a redesign. With only 4000 miles on it the dealers offered $10,000 less than I paid for it, o much for Toyota holding there value better than other makes. Traded for a Chevy Traverse and lost only $3500.

Rav-4 09 Limited -Poor Paint
By Stew-16 on 09/03/10 21:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Leather interior is nice, gas mileage is not as good as they make it out to be, Toyota has put company profit's above safety and apparently quality and control. The recalls issued has not mentioned the exterior paint my vehicle is 9 months old and has over 40 chips and counting in the black metallic paint, I'm not alone with this complaint but Toyota, will not stand behind the quality of their paint work, they are blaming the new Chipped paint on the road environment. My other non-Toyota products did not have this issue. By time its paid off I will have more touch-up paint than factory paint on my New Rav-4.

Excellent value for money and dependable
By Venkatesh Sridharan on 08/28/10 20:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After a quite a bit of research and test driving five vehicles in this class, I choose to buy the fully loaded four cylinder RAV4 Ltd. After driving almost two years and 28,000 miles, I am glad that I bought this vehicle. RAV4 is smooth driving, very responsive, fuel efficient (28 mpg) and almost comfortable. Four cylinder engine is sufficient for highway driving and it feels powerful enough to pass other vehicles. I miss V6 only in cities at stop signal. I4 is bit sluggish in initial pickup. Exterior design is stylish and trendy. But, interior feels cheap. There is no hand-rest and seats are not comfortable for long distance drive. Road noise is annoying while driving on bridges.

Not up to date
By pipesmoker on 08/11/10 10:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have to say that I am more than pleased with the RAV4. I think the V- 6 is a little much for the transmission. At times is shifting his rough. This was the first time I have had a Toyota in 15 years. At that time I had a truck with 135,000 miles on it. I recommend to people as a good buy for its price.

Toyota Got It Right with the RAV-4!
By Roy from Alaska on 08/02/10 11:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my RAV-4 new in Anchorage. It is the basic model, 4WD, V6, with 3,500 lbs towing package and 17" wheels. I owned a 1988 Jeep Cherokee for 21 years and thought that nothing could be better in the ice and snow. Wrong! This baby is like a cat on a curtain in the snow. Awesome! And the heater will run you out of the rig at -20 degrees. Just drove it 2,500 miles down the Alcan and Cassiar Hwys from Alaska through the Yukon Territory and BC to Eastern Washington. Got 22 mpg pulling a 5X8 U-Haul! One pass was 4,000' and it never complained. Now I am in the desert and today it was 104 degrees and the AC keeps it comfortable. I get 30 mpg on trips. Love it! Best rig ever.

Great bang for the buck
By Rick on 07/30/10 08:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my '06 I4 for this trucklet. What an improvement! Rides and drives great. 25+ mpg highway, 22+ mpg city. I'm tall so the driver's side leg room was a bit cramped until I modified the seat track and gave myself 4 more inches of leg room. Holds an amazing amount of cargo even with the rear seats up. Removed the roof cross rails and mpg went up 1+ mpg. I use 16" dedicated snow tires in the winter, handles great. No issues with transmission whine, road noise, etc. No accelerator pedal trouble but had the recall done. 'Tip-in' used to be touchy/quirky but with the mod, its smooth as glass. Dealership service has been A++ Not a $60k vehicle, but for >30K, I'm not complaining. Will buy again.

Great SUV
By Chuck from NY on 06/20/10 10:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this used with 12K miles on it & couldn't be happier. Perfect size for our needs.

Love my RAV!
By Judy on 05/19/10 10:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2009 RAV4 Limited with 4wd is my first RAV, but will not be my last! I have owned two Jeep Grand Cherokee Limiteds previously, but didn't need a big SUV any longer. The size is perfect. It handles so well--a joy to drive. I really love this vehicle and highly recommend to anyone looking for a smaller SUV.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota RAV4 Suv in VA is:

$96 per month*