2009 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Real World Gas Mileage
By chuck on 03/07/09 07:39 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Here's some "real world" mileage figures: Brand new 2009 V6 Limited 4X4....took it on a trip to New Mexico and Arizona starting in Minnesota. 4,498 miles....22.6 miles per gallon. 70-80 miles per hour on freeways plus city driving, lots of baggage. There ya go.

All wheel drive taxi
By john richards on 02/27/09 01:06 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was purchased for my wife and she positively loves it. She's owned two Chevy blazers and this one wins hands down. Handling, fun good looking vehicle. The only thing I can think of that she does mention is she wishes the back window would open for better convenience. A little louder but you give up a little quiteness for an suv. (road noise)

Couldn't Be More Pleased
By Keith on 02/23/09 20:59 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I replaced my 12-year old Geo Prizm LSi with this car and I couldn't be more pleased. The 2.5L 4-cyl offers plenty of power and mileage is decent (only filled up a few times and getting around 24-26 mpg combined. I anticipate getting better because weather is so cold right now. This car is quiet, smooth handling, and great for me to drive as a car to work and run errands in, plus fine to carry the wife and 3 small kids in as well. I would definitely buy one in the future if Toyota continues to make these!

Love my car!
By MinneGirl on 02/20/09 10:25 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a 2009 Rav4 because my Nissan Sentra didn't handle well in the snow. I am in love with this vehicle. It is a fully loaded, Limited edition with a powerful V-6 engine and a navigation system. This car is fun to drive! When I want to get around annoying drivers on the highway, I just tap the pedal and I shoot forward. I also have the smart key entry system, which sketched me out at first, but I find that I like not having to take my keys out to get into my car or to start it.

'My Little Rocket' - Great Buy!!!
By Bebbszook on 02/18/09 21:29 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Why 'My Little Rocket'? My Rav4 accelerates, handles, & performs very smoothly. After over 20 years of driving the entire range of only Ford SUVs, I made the decision to go Toyota, which I believe was a wise one. I just wish I did it years ago. Going from an '05 Escape 6 cyl AWD to the '09 Rav4 4 cyl AWD, I expected sluggishness, but instead found it peppier with all-around better handling & performance in & on the VT snow & variable roads conditions. Having to drive over 2.5 hours, several times per week to VT, I find the drivers side lumbar support & heated seats a godsend. Gas mileage falls within the stated 21 to 27 mpg, with 24 mpg as my average. It should improve over time.

A Thrilling Ride
By Kathy on 02/10/09 11:02 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Rav4 6 cyl. is a solid little car that is really fun to drive. The car is comfortable with plenty of interior room and gives a sense of security to be able to pass with power to spare.

Not enough comfort
By Danny D on 02/09/09 21:09 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my rav 4 2009 base 4x4 because of the toyota quality so far it has quality but it is stiff and my honda civic is more comfortable than the brand new rav 4. I drove it in the snow and it was okay. I am happy with the vehicle but it doesn't drive as I expected.

Fun car.
By lr_smith on 01/31/09 17:51 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My first SUV and it feels great, drives like a small sports car. We had a small Toyota Yaris, and it was totaled in an accident, so we needed something bigger even though I loved the Yaris. We only had this car for a couple of weeks but we absolutely love it. It is very ergonomic, all controls are easy to reach, everything is very intuitive.

Short Term Ownership
By AF on 01/15/09 13:44 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our RAV 4 in Nov 08, absolutely loved it. Put on some top-end 18" studded tires, and the handling and traction was great. We moved from a 95 Ford Windstar to this, so anything would have been better, but it really does handle and drive very well. 31 days later we were in accident. I was in the passenger side and took the brunt of the impact. It took a minute or so to figure out what happened. Air bags deployed, doors crumpled, but we were all completely fine. Safety and crash ratings are very high from me, as the impact felt like nothing more than a little nudge (impact speed about 25mph). Its been written off, but will definitely look at another RAV as a replacement.

Loving my 09 Rav4
By Trina on 01/14/09 17:20 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am really enjoying my RAV4. I was torn between buying the '08 4cyl and waiting to buy the revamped '09 4cyl. I am very happy with my choice. I have no problem pulling on to the highway and passing is a breeze. The acceleration is smooth. I was also very pleased with how well it handled snowy NH roads.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota RAV4 in VA is:

$96 per month*