'My Little Rocket' - Great Buy!!!
By Bebbszook on
2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Why 'My Little Rocket'? My Rav4 accelerates, handles, & performs very smoothly. After over 20 years of driving the entire range of only Ford SUVs, I made the decision to go Toyota, which I believe was a wise one. I just wish I did it years ago. Going from an '05 Escape 6 cyl AWD to the '09 Rav4 4 cyl AWD, I expected sluggishness, but instead found it peppier with all-around better handling & performance in & on the VT snow & variable roads conditions. Having to drive over 2.5 hours, several times per week to VT, I find the drivers side lumbar support & heated seats a godsend. Gas mileage falls within the stated 21 to 27 mpg, with 24 mpg as my average. It should improve over time.
Favorite Features
Perfect height tailgate seating for changing in/out of ski boots. Truly heated lumbar supported drivers seat & heated side view mirrors. Easily reachable roof rack. Great turn radius, sound system, Bluetooth, double glove box, rear seat release latches, and actually everything.
Suggested Improvements
Needs quieter heating/AC blower. Tailgate door that opens upward vs sideways to provide shelter from snow & rain & making loading easier in parking lots. Option to open or retract the tailgate window. Better placement of side-view mirror and heated-seat adjustment controllers.