2008 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Will not buy about another Toy

2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Will not buy about another Toyota
By J shafer on

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

First off, I've had three yodas: 89 corolla 214,000 mi, 95 Camry 250,000 mi and this rav4. The rav just feels cheaper: the paint has way to many chips, the transmission is horrible, rough ride in the city, the stereo sucks, interior is loud, not enough room in the driver (I'm 62" 200 lbs) and passenger seat, we are expecting our third child and have to buy three new car seats because the second row is so narrow and it just doesn't feel like it is going to hold up. Now the good: zero problems in the first three years (of course it's just past the three year mark), awesome second row leg room and cargo, great in the snow, gas mileage is decent, and the wife loves the second glove box.

Reliability, gas mileage, cargo area, 4wd

Toyota stop being like Chevy and Dodge and go back to being "TOYOTA!" I will not buy another toyota. I am so unimpressed with this car I've actually looked at "gasp" VW's.
By szabaka
on 01/16/11 19:15 PM (PST)

I disagree regarding the space for the driver and passenger. I have a 2008 Rav4 Sport (V6), I am 6'7" (36" inseams) and 210 pounds. I've driven this on 13-hour drives and have never been uncomfortable. The power and torque is outstanding, the shifting is clean, and the JBL sound is fantastic. Handling is outstanding both with the stock summer Yokahama and with Firestone Winterforce snow tires. Performance in the snow is incredible. The only true improvements I would have liked would be paddle shifters, and a better interior light for when the rear door is open.