2008 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: So far so good

2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

So far so good
By Eric on

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned the Rav4 for about 6 weeks and have almost 1800 miles. I have a 4WD limited, 4cyl. It runs smooth and quiet. When it switches gears, mine doesn't "clink" as a previous reviewer said. The 4cyl has more than enough oomph for basic driving. I'm not one for towing/hauling, so I didn't need the 6cyl. I like how the CD player reads MP3s. My previous car did not. I can get about 180 songs on a CD. However, the random function seems to play about the same 25 songs... not sure why. All in all happy with my purchase. If I could go back, I would still buy it again.

Very adjustable driver's seat. Smooth acceleration. Getting about 24.5 mpg city/highway combined. Dual climate control. Rear seat (2nd row) folds down to make a flat surface in back. Makes for a lot of room if needed.

Random function on MP3 CDs does not play every song. No chime for leaving lights on. Seatbelt chime goes off before I get out of my driveway and doesn't shut off for a minute.