So far, so good!
By Openroad on
2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Have put about 5000 miles on a lease/return since purchased 10/08 including about 1500 miles in extremely nasty snow/wind/icing conditions across the northwestern US. Handles snow packed "driveways" with 12-15% grades. We have room for my yellow lab in his kennel, 3 suitcases and a box of apples behind the split rear seat. Road noise is less than our Subaru OB. We have averaged 25+ MPG since purchase with individual tanks running between 24 MPG and 29 mpg highway. V6 cruises easily at 70 MPH with power to spare while passing. Driver visibility is great.
Favorite Features
Pleased with the fuel economy. The arrangement of space in rear seats and behind the rear seats is great. 5- speed AT allows you to select the appropriate gear when climbing or descending steep grades. I like the space saved with the externally mounted spare tire.
Suggested Improvements
I don't care for the external appearance. The lines/shape should be changed to something a little more... sleek(?) The 4-wheel lock feature automatically reverts to all-wheel mode. I would like to be able to lock it in and have it stay there for tough road conditions.