Read This Please
By Mike S on
2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
Don't know if I would recommend. Virtually all the "crabs" I read pre-purchase were true. Driver's position is tight (I'm 6,2) uncomfortable, yields backaches, plastic edges in door panels cut into the legs, radio whines if iPod/satellite radio is vehicle powered, dashboard info difficult to see in daylight, overhead lights blind driver at night, cup holders are dumb and restricted, rear seat does not fold down completely, front passenger seat does not fold down, the cargo area light is a joke, rear door hinged on wrong side, rear glass does not open, etc. Sport suspension is excellent, brakes are reasonable. Gas mileage is disappointing at 21/24, power is fine with 4 cyl in flat areas like FL.
Favorite Features
Reliable.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the uncomfortable front seats (this is the first support cushion I ever had to buy). Redesign "razor" door panels, hinge rear door on opp side, change front overhead lighting, get rear seat to fold down completely, make pass seat fold down, put decent lighting in rear storage, fix the radio buzz.