2008 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Rattling dashboard

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Review

Rattling dashboard
By Karen on

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 rav4 4x4 base model in February 2008. It was the best vehicle I ever owned until it hit 850 miles and that's when I could hear a loud constant rattling coming from the dashboard, more specifically the center console. The vehicle was brought back to the dealership 4 times and was never permanently fixed. The master technician, who was great to deal with even replaced my vents in the center dash with a new RAV4 on the sales lot. At times it sounded like a popcorn machine! Finally, a field technical expert from Toy inspected the vehicle and determined that it was A NORMAL OPERATING CHARACTERISTIC! Very disappointed, 1st and last Toyota I'll ever own.

Exterior design, fuel economy, daytime running lights, smooth and comfortable ride

Toyota needs to improve cheaply made interior, more specifically center console! Inside is all plastic, even on the sport and ltd! Also rear door should open rt to left or make it a hatchback. Can't unload easily at curbside!