I'm home again!
By Toyota man since '77 on
2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I ventured from Toyota in 2006 to a Kia Sportage EX V6 AWD w/leather. Nice, but just not the overall quality/style of Toyota, not good mpg, strange shifting pattern in AT. I asked myself what I'd want to see in the driveway 5 years down the road. So, I got my RAV4. When I get behind the wheel, I'm at peace. It's more solid, handles better, and I'm getting about 24-25 mpg combined so far. The quality and value will always be there, and the RAV4 will far outlast any 10 yr. 100k warranty others offer, and without problems. I opted for the 4 cyl., but see the V6 is rated higher MPG??? I'll believe it when I see it. The 4 cyl. has ample power without gulping down your paycheck in gas.
Favorite Features
Rear door entry, solid-well built, good mpg for an AWD SUV, nice styling, fold- flat rear seats, rear sub-floor storage compartment, lighted vanity mirrors, dual dash storage on passenger side, rides solid, great drive handling feel, good seats, 17" wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes, quiet for base model.
Suggested Improvements
Make clock and odo/trip/temp display easier to read. Mini trip computer/miles left on tank would be nice, but not critical. Start thinking about a Hybrid RAV4.