Great Winter Ride
By Lila Sterling on
2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I've had the car about a month and put on over 1,000 miles. I sold my Saab 9-5 wagon when it would not go up the driveway of our new home. The RAV has NO problem going up a very steep incline in ice and snow. It does make the "beep" sound to let me know that it is adjusting for slippage. I test drove it hard to make sure it could handle Catskill Mountain weather and it has proven to be just what it promised. Mine has "down hill assist" which I like because sometimes I have to go to work before the local plow person comes to our driveway and it really does help. Also there is LOTS of storage space. I picked up two big chairs for a friend and they went right in.
Favorite Features
I feel very safe with the TRAC system. The height of the ride is really nice. It has a tight steering wheel.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is only fair. I get about 20 miles to the gallon. I know it's a trade off for 6 cylinders, but they did a hybrid for the Highlander - now the RAV needs one. Highway is a bit better, but I bought the car for the windy back roads.