Good Value For The Price
By bgbowers on
2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have owned this car for 2.3 years putting approximately 23,000 miles per year on it. I bought the Base model. Wanted to get the Limited but my head would hit the roof line occasionally when going over bumps because of the sun roof intrusion into the cabin. The car has given me no mechanical problems and I've never taken it back to the dealer for any issue. I wanted a vehicle with both all wheel drive and 4 wheel drive capability. However, recognize that this vehicle is not designed for off-road use. No rattles or squeaks have developed. Car handles very well, but OEM tires wear out quickly, lasted 1 year. Actually this is good so you can replace them with ones of good quality.
Favorite Features
The V6 is a perfect match to this car; fun to drive. With rear seat folded down, lots of carrying capacity. First car I've ever owned where the rear seat had ample leg and head room. Lots of storage compartments and in-door drink holders. Good gas mileage, 29 mpg at 70 miles per hour with the V6
Suggested Improvements
Road noise is a little more than I would like, but it's not excessive. Seats need a lumbar adjustment. Radio needs an option to easily allow different tonal settings (talk radio vs music need different EQ). Run pre- wire for towing to back of car, and wire for a 7 pin connection not just 4 pin.