2008 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Freeway Access Is No Longer Su

2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Freeway Access Is No Longer Suicidal!
By Stellarink on

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Throughout 25,000 miles in 1 year, 24 mpg w/V6 in a metro city is great while my 4-cyl '06 PT Cruiser gets less than 18. The V6 and a comparable large rear window is the reason Toyota got my green. The turning radius surpasses my smaller Cruiser's. As you can tell, my practical focus is on safety, function, and economy. My wife's preference is style and speed. With the Rav, we get both. Researching options and reports, Toyota seems to exceed American auto-makers for trouble-free longevity. My wife (5'3") and I (6'2") both ride in stable comfort whether driving or riding. Leg and cargo room are ample and head room abounds in front & rear seats. Acceleration? Pray and fly with angelic speed.

Favorite Features

Powerful V6, ample interior space, fuel economy, turning radius, exterior styling, cargo area rear-seat releases, below-deck cargo storage, dual climate controls, rear-door mounted full-sized spared tire (Thanks, Toyota, for not making me lie on the ground while unapologetic, 80- mph cars whiz by).

Suggested Improvements

My hand always hits and activates the steering wheel-mounted Bluetooth button in the middle of a turn. The clock and radio readouts are invisible through polarized sunglasses.