Best of class
By Engineer on
2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I've owned the 6-cylinder Ltd version since November 07. It's a lot of fun to drive. The power of the V6 is amazing, and likewise the stopping ability is great, too. It corners very well, with a surprisingly tight turning radius, making it very easy to park. It has excellent visibility, which makes it easy to back out of a parking space. The dual climate controls work much better that the dual climate controls in my American-brand sedan. The side-opening rear door makes it easy for my 5-foot tall wife to load groceries and close the door afterwards. The 8-way adjustable seat gives her a good view of the road. She loves the car.
Favorite Features
I love the easy-drop-down rear seat feature. I also like the cockpit layout. The controls seem very logically placed, so I can just take a quick glance to change a control setting. I also really like the high-bright lighting of the controls for daytime visibility.
Suggested Improvements
Keep the cockpit as is. (No faux wood-grain.) The seats are way too firm. The seat backs are especially stiff, which can be uncomfortable if you have a sore back and have a long drive to make. The suspension is a bit too stiff as well. The headrests are slanted too far forward.