2008 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Awesome

2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

By ghana on

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Still breaking this car in, have only driven about 250 miles, but am totally impressed with the entire package. Fast, responsive, comfortable, quiet, good visibility, spacious, tight handling, great looking, nice riding, solid car. Cruising at 70 mph, and tach only reads about 2000 rpm. My old car, a v6 also, used to read 3000 rpm. I live in the U.K. where sometimes it's better/safer to drive on the freeways fast (80mph+). I used to be a little concerned about motor wear in my old car. I don't think I'll have to be concerned about it anymore. I don't think that the 5 speed auto trans has any big issues. The V6 version is the best.

The V6 power, cup holders (10), rear storage space under the cargo floor, double glove box, two compartment center console, 18" mag wheels, space at the rear.

Gas tank only 60 litres, maybe 70 would be about right. Allow for a total of 10 tires to be registered in the TPMS ECU and allow owners to the enter the TPMS IDs into the ECU. Replace the cartridge oil filter to the more conventional screw in type.