2008 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: At first impressed and then no

2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

At first impressed and then not so much
By spidermum on

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a 7 year Toyota owner and didn't think twice when it was time to buy a another car. My 2003 Corolla took me to 150,000 miles with no problems (besides standard maintenance). I bought my CERTIFIED 2008 RAV4 in November of 2009 and have had to replace the breaks, tires, and battery since then. At first, I loved the snappiness (torque) of my V6 Rav4. After replacing the breaks and the tires (after 6 months of ownership) I was a little discouraged. Then, my battery went out and what I didn't know is that the power steering is powered by the battery. I lost complete power steering in the middle of a major intersection and am thankful to be alive.

Torque of the V6 is great! Very spacious.

Warn folks about the battery. I had no sign that my car was about to break down in the middle of taking a left onto a major highway. I lost all power steering and my car's electronics were flipping out. I plan to trade this RAV4 in for a more reliable Toyota or Honda.