2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Best Buy!
By MSL on 07/15/08 19:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Couldn't be happier with our purchase. Third row seating available while avoiding a minivan is great! Gets along great in the winter - a real bonus when wife and two children are commuting in Omaha winters! Gas mileage is so far better than sticker estimates (25.75 highway - 24.5 city)!!!

Amazingly Versatile
By sdc2 on 07/08/08 11:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I searched a lot of models before buying the RAV4 six months ago. The RAV4 was the only one I found that: 1) a 6'3" guy like me could fit into comfortably - I am long torso and headroom is always a challenge, but the height-adjustable seat and telescoping steering wheel did the trick. 2) Properly equipped can tow a modest camper or boat. 3) Would still get into the upper 20s for highway gas mileage. The V6 RAV4 has done all that and more for me. I am getting 22-24 mpg around town and 26-28 highway so far.

A VERY solid SUV to purchase
By mkjyoung22 on 07/07/08 02:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A very good value for your money. This SUV has a ton of power (269 horsepower), and handles exceptionally. The fun factor CANNOT be matched by any vehicle in its class, and probably not by many out of its class. The mileage is very good too, as mine gets 24mpg over all. The interior is comfortable for five people (I am 6ft 3in) and the third row people can sit reasonably comfortable, depending on how you adjust the second row of seats... but is fantastic if you have a few kids. The quality is very solid, the doors seem heavy when you shut them, and the items that are plastic do not have that 'cheap' feel to them. The controls are well placed and very helpful. I am very satisfied overall.

Proud to Own My Rav
By Bill on 07/01/08 21:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2008 RAV Sport V6 with 4WD. I love my new vehicle and hope that it will be as reliable as I have read. Full economy is currently about 21.5 avg MPG to 24.5 MPG. This is driving gently while trying to avoid quick starts and hard stops. I would like better fuel economy but the RAV is still a best in its class. I had body moldings installed as I was worried that the unprotected doors would get dinged to easily.

After one day I like it
By thedarius on 06/21/08 12:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the 2008 4 cyl. Limited. Best looking small SUV as far as I'm concerned. Lots of cargo space. Tremendous functionality. It has the smoothest ride I've ever felt in any truck style vehicle. If someone tells you it has a harsh or rough ride, they haven't driven it. I have many steep hills where I live and it tackles them with little effort. I'll update this in 3 months.

Great Value
By EdLee on 06/12/08 15:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a GMC Envoy for our RAV4 and couldn't be happier. We looked at CR-V, Rogue, Equinox, and Mariner. After driving the RAV4 there was no comparison. It simply is the best value for the money. I was afraid the RAV4 would be too small compared to the Envoy, but I believe there is actually more room inside the RAV4, and a nicer interior. Ergonomics are great. Good choice for anyone looking at a smaller SUV.

Update To Review on 5/28/08
By Toyota man since '77 on 06/12/08 11:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just a quick update to my earlier review. One month and 800 miles later, and it just gets better and better. I'm now nudging 26 mpg combined (35% hwy, 65% city). Sticker said 20 city, 25 highway... don't you believe it. Drive sensibly and you'll blow the doors off the posted mileage ratings. I'm planning a trip in the next month, and fully expect to get better than 30 mpg. Not bad, for a 4 cyl. AWD SUV. The roads here are still being repaired from the bad winter...pot holes everywhere. But not a squeek or rattle from my RAV4. Love it more each day. Couldn't be happier.

Love my ride!!
By luv2laff on 06/08/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my RAV4. I have the most basic model, but I love it. I traded in an aging Camry -- this is my third Toyota and they continue to be my favorite. Kids gone, so this is my 50th birthday present to me, and I don't regret the purchase at all. Handles well, love the interior, does have a transmission clunk when put into drive in the morning, but otherwise it's great. I did a lot of research before purchasing this SUV, and I definitely do not regret it. Getting older, so I love being able to "throw my hip" up into the seat instead of squatting down to get into a sedan (smile). No effort getting in or out for my elderly Mom.

Beware of interior
By JFlaggot08 on 06/05/08 05:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the exterior design and engine of the RAV4, but if you are expecting typical Toyota quality the interior of the RAV4 will disappoint. I have had to have parts of the dash replaced as pieces did not fit securely and rattled, in fact lots of squeaks, creaks and rattles in interior. Many parts of the interior just feel like they don't fit together or are loose. Feel stuck with the RAV4 rather than loving it. Though it is small, tall drivers will fit comfortably. Lots of storage spaces in both front and rear.

V-6 Sport is a fun car.
By Rob M on 06/04/08 17:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car. 30 mpg on highway. Fast when you want it. Sturdy, excellent handling. JBL stereo not too bad. Lots of space. Electronics are solid

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.