2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Read This Please
By Mike S on 10/04/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Don't know if I would recommend. Virtually all the "crabs" I read pre-purchase were true. Driver's position is tight (I'm 6,2) uncomfortable, yields backaches, plastic edges in door panels cut into the legs, radio whines if iPod/satellite radio is vehicle powered, dashboard info difficult to see in daylight, overhead lights blind driver at night, cup holders are dumb and restricted, rear seat does not fold down completely, front passenger seat does not fold down, the cargo area light is a joke, rear door hinged on wrong side, rear glass does not open, etc. Sport suspension is excellent, brakes are reasonable. Gas mileage is disappointing at 21/24, power is fine with 4 cyl in flat areas like FL.

Love My New Rav 4
By Branden on 09/06/08 19:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There's a lot to like about this vehicle, and a few minor annoyances. The pick up is amazing with the V6 engine (I previously had a 4 cylinder). Lots of room compared to older models. Plenty of legroom for passengers in back, and plenty of cargo space.

Rattling dashboard
By Karen on 09/06/08 03:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 rav4 4x4 base model in February 2008. It was the best vehicle I ever owned until it hit 850 miles and that's when I could hear a loud constant rattling coming from the dashboard, more specifically the center console. The vehicle was brought back to the dealership 4 times and was never permanently fixed. The master technician, who was great to deal with even replaced my vents in the center dash with a new RAV4 on the sales lot. At times it sounded like a popcorn machine! Finally, a field technical expert from Toy inspected the vehicle and determined that it was A NORMAL OPERATING CHARACTERISTIC! Very disappointed, 1st and last Toyota I'll ever own.

Ahh, another Toyota!
By JHfrmPV on 08/31/08 22:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We had 3 Toyotas sitting at our house (Highlander Hybrid, 4Runner, and Camry), so it's no shock they were at the top of our list when it was time to get our daughter a car. We absolutely love the car all around and would definitely recommend it to everybody! MPG are excellent as we are getting 26 on average. Looked into the Escape as well and for a couple thousand more, you get better quality, mileage, and of course, legend reliability. Plenty of room for everyone, got it with the third row for convenience. Tight, but still fine. If you are looking at any comps, just go to the Toyota dealer and buy this car. You will never wish to look back! Now, we PROUDLY display 4 Toyotas at our home!

Good all-arounder
By James on 08/12/08 15:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car for four months now. Took it on a cross country trip from MA to CA and the car did not disappoint as it was comfortable even during 13 hours/day drives and the engine allowed effortless driving and passing. Was able to load a lot of contents in the car yet allowed one person to sleep flat in the back. All the safety features incorporated in the car (e.g. VSC, EBD, etc) saved us from a highway catastrophe by a reckless driver in Chicago's south side and allowed us to maintain control. However, tighter brakes and suspension would create more driving confidence. Radio/6-disc CD changer/MP3 player/auxiliary port allows endless forms of audio entertainment!

Love at first site!
By linda on 07/29/08 22:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went from a '94 gas sucking explorer to my sleep red V6 rav4. I love this vehicle! I am getting over 29 miles a gallon with a bit of hyper-miling and not squealing the tires when I take off! I looked at Saturn vue, Ford escape, Ford edge, Mercury Mariner and I found this to be the best value! Its fun to drive, and I do not regret buying it a bit. 3rd row seat hold my daughters friends for combined mall trips, or lay 'em down and put all her softball stuff there! Its an awesome SUV

Amazing gas mileage
By panpan on 07/28/08 07:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my RAV4 Limited 4 cyl 4x4 3 days ago, and drove it Saturday and Sunday to Bear Mountain State Park NY. It was of course full tank of gas. After driving 180 miles over the weekend, and I refuel on Sunday night, it pumps only 5.6 gallons of gas. It turns out to be 32 miles / gallon. Unbelievable. It gives my family very smooth ride, reasonable wind noise and road noise. Interior room is spacious, near mid- side SUV interior space, with compact SUV price. It is fun to drive, good handling. Overall, great value for that kind of price.

Most fun car to drive for the money!
By soccerguy2k on 07/22/08 15:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven previous Rav4s with 4 cyl engines. When I test drove the V6, I was sold instantly. This car is a dream, as if someone custom made it for you! It's everything you expect, and it flies! If you like a race car feel and performance and can handle the pick-up, this is for you. Conservative drivers will not like this car. This should be a major hit for the young and the young at heart who can afford a nice SUV.

Practical Car
By Sophiya on 07/19/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was previously driving one of the very first models of the Rav4 (1997) model. That car was very reliable for 10 years of use. I decided to finally upgrade it to a new 2008 model with more power for my road trips to Tahoe and the snow. I couldn't be more pleased with the model. The v6 engine provides plenty of power and torque. Love the roomy interior design! Sound system is great. I average about 300 miles per tank. That's a big plus for an SUV of this size.

Great Car
By Kon on 07/16/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car does it all. I love it. It drives a lot like a normal sedan, quick acceleration, great turning radius. No complaints about the seats. Everything exactly in place. Driven 20K miles on it, not a single problem anywhere.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.