Used 2008 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Love this car
By lo

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have always wanted one and when I got rid of my echo I decided to go ahead and buy a rav4. I am 5'6 and I love it. The inside is roomy the radio does sound like its wheezing when the ipod is hooked up but oh well. I love this car and wouldn't trade it for anything. The lights in the trunk don't bother me and my seats do fold completely flat.

The storage in the trunk its great for cold items, the ipod jack is hidden so you don't have to have your ipod on display.

None I love this car.

Very Impressed
By Camille

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Rav 4. After a brutal northeast winter I had to get a reliable, sturdy car and fell in love with the Rav 4 on first site. It's a lot of fun to drive and with all the bells and whistles, I can't wait for winter. Even without the V-6 component, the 2.4 liter engine still moves like a rocket. Loving the Ipod Jack and the bluetooth features from the steering wheel- awesome!

Ipod Jack, leather seats, handsfree system, and handling.

Needs better gas mileage and would be helpful if the rear door could be opened from the bottom instead of from the side.

Freeway Access Is No Longer Suicidal!
By Stellarink

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Throughout 25,000 miles in 1 year, 24 mpg w/V6 in a metro city is great while my 4-cyl '06 PT Cruiser gets less than 18. The V6 and a comparable large rear window is the reason Toyota got my green. The turning radius surpasses my smaller Cruiser's. As you can tell, my practical focus is on safety, function, and economy. My wife's preference is style and speed. With the Rav, we get both. Researching options and reports, Toyota seems to exceed American auto-makers for trouble-free longevity. My wife (5'3") and I (6'2") both ride in stable comfort whether driving or riding. Leg and cargo room are ample and head room abounds in front & rear seats. Acceleration? Pray and fly with angelic speed.

Powerful V6, ample interior space, fuel economy, turning radius, exterior styling, cargo area rear-seat releases, below-deck cargo storage, dual climate controls, rear-door mounted full-sized spared tire (Thanks, Toyota, for not making me lie on the ground while unapologetic, 80- mph cars whiz by).

My hand always hits and activates the steering wheel-mounted Bluetooth button in the middle of a turn. The clock and radio readouts are invisible through polarized sunglasses.

Great little SUV for the price
By longlegsguy

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Lots of pluses for this "little" Toyota (our first new car was a '71 Corolla, now THAT was little!). Traded in a 96 4Runner with the same engine, and we're blown away by the performance difference. 4Runner wasn't a slouch, but the RAV4 is a hottie. Even driving it hard on trips, we're getting 26.5-28.5 mpg on the road, which is dang good; best we ever got with the old truck was 18.5. My wife likes the way the hood slopes down; says she can see more of the road up front. I'm 6'5" and although it isn't what I'd call roomy, the RAV4 is adequately sized; we took a 9-hour road trip with 5 in the car (2 seater) and all came back still speaking. A miracle! Never feels like a truck will blow us away.

Me: strong engine, xlnt finish, great gas mileage, solid "car" feel, sound system, 4W-dr stability, good visibility, roomy. Wife: Engine, heated lthr seats, mileage, safety features, visibility, dependability.

TireGuy (4/20/09) got it right; car is a parking lot ding waiting to happen, esp the wheel wells. 4Runner had giant plastic wheel trim, would look overdone on RAV4, but could definitely use something more subtle. Be nice to have running boards or bars but RAV4's low enough that they're not necessary.

Loving my Rav 4
By Eve

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 1 year old, I still love my Rav 4. The Barcelona red color is gorgeous. I would buy it again. My parents want one in 4WD for the mountains. Test drove the Mitsubishi Outlander but the Rav 4 blew it away in performance and quality. I ordered the bumper guard to protect the very deep rear bumper and the vinyl cargo tray.

MP3 jack. Cargo space can be configured so many ways. V6 power is awesome. Brakes are great. Back seat leg room is HUGE and adjustable. 2 glove compartments.

JBL stereo has freaked out a couple of times, but works fine currently. Could be more stable on wet/uneven surfaces. The expensive tire cover is VERY difficult to fasten. Came off and was ruined in a car wash. The dark Sport upholstery really shows dirt.