2008 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews 5

2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
One year old
By Fred on 12/27/08 07:10 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased an '07 RAV4, February, 2008, used, from a Toyota dealer, replacing a '01 Ford Taurus. Bought a 4 cyl, fwd. Use for daily commuter and weekend chores. Occasional trips. Just recently, averaged 27.5 mph at a steady 75 mph on a 500 mile round-trip. Around town, am getting 22 to 24 mph. As a daily driver, the car is excellent. Perfect for weekend chores. The swing rear door does cause some problems while carrying lumber, however, I knew that when I purchased the vehicle. Otherwise, car is perfect for intended use. Am very pleased with performance, handling, and overall build.

Good and Bad
By Sal on 12/25/08 08:39 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This seems to be a good car. My wife has a 2008 CRV and I naturally compare the 2. CRV has a nicer interior, but not as comfortable. The CRV is a higher trim level. CRV has better pick up and, so far, better fuel mileage. RAV4 is easy to get in an out of, has a lower lift to load back, easier folding seats, looks more manly and has better visibility. The cruise stalk is terrible, in the way. 2001 Escort was on the wheel, why can't a 2008 RAV4?. Doors should look when you put in gear. This is more of a runaround then a fall in love vehicle.

A Great Compact Utility Vehicle
By JBOS on 12/23/08 10:57 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car with the exception of the stock tires. If you get this vehicle, get new tires (I have Assurance Comfort Treads by Goodyear). We just had 16 inches of snow and not only did the Rav handle it like a champ it exceeded all expectations. The 4WD did exactly what it was supposed to do. The drive is steady and the V6 is very powerful. Just step on the gas and you will feel the 269 horses propel you out of the thick of traffic. It is a reliable car of good quality that doesn't feel heavy or cumbersome to drive.

08 RAV
By dennism on 12/04/08 23:32 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After one month I'm fairly happy with the RAV. There are a lot of little touches like the lighted vanity mirrors, hidden storage etc. I'm totally impressed with the performance of the 4 cylinder engine! CD player and sound system are great.

Not Happy
By Carlos on 12/03/08 10:51 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought my Rav-4 and am already not happy. I have been getting some back pains since buying the car. Test drove a couple of small SUVs because wanted to downsize and at the dealership this was great, but have started to have problems with the back hurting, no place to put change with out it ringing all the time, push button dash area stinks because everything I put in it slides and bangs, car bounces more than I like on highway, and cargo area light is a joke. My SUV also does not ding when the lights are left on, I plan to check when I go in for my first service.

Quite possibly the Perfect Vehicle
By sp33dy_gr33n on 12/02/08 13:35 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love this vehicle. It is very quick with the V6 engine, and gets great gas mileage (25 mpg) for a 4wd, V6, SUV. The dimension of the vehicle are great too. Not too big, and not too small, and looks great.

So far, so good
By John C on 11/29/08 14:16 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's our first Toyota (past is mostly Hondas & Fords), and has been a good purchase so far. It replaced our Ford Explorer, and the ride and handling are great. 3rd row seat is good, but tight for the kids on short rides. Good ride / handling, and the 4 cyl engine has good acceleration (better than the CRV and V6 Escape we tested). Easy to get in and out for my wife (only 5' tall), and has good seating position. She drives it mostly around town, so we are only averaging 21 mpg, but hope to get better results on highway trips. Interior is well constructed, controls are easy to use with good layout. Looking forward to mileage on longer trips, and to see how good AWD drive is in the snow

Fun and Versatile RAV4 Limited V6
By hkwilson1977 on 11/23/08 20:48 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the RAV4 right before Labor Day weekend. It's one of the best cars I've owned, so far. The V6 is extremely powerful. When you really punch it, it can feel almost dangerous due to the torque, so be careful! :) Gas mileage is averaging about 22 mpg. Overall, this is an awesome vehicle for our family of 5. No regrets, I would definitely buy one again!

Problems with brakes and rattles
By Unhappy Owner on 11/18/08 13:50 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Toyota I have ever owned and will probably be the last. I have only had it for 2 months and I have lots of complaints. There are a lot of rattles coming from the dash and when I took it in of course they said they were not out of the ordinary. But, a bigger more serious problem is that the car has shut down on me twice while waiting at a red light. I have had to take the car in 4 times and they have put it on the computer and have not been able to duplicate the problem. They told me it's the traction sensor and that I am putting extreme pressure on the brakes which is causing the computer to think I am stopping suddenly and shutting down the engine. Is that nuts?

Happy owner
By Tim Toews on 11/18/08 05:13 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our Rav 4 after having a 06 Tacoma and very impressed with it. My wife loves it. The ride is good, the power is exceptional, and the fuel economy is right where we need it. We got the Sport model so we got the 18 in alloys along with the leather and moonroof options, the heated seats are nice in the winter.