Used 2008 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Good Value For The Price
By bgbowers

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for 2.3 years putting approximately 23,000 miles per year on it. I bought the Base model. Wanted to get the Limited but my head would hit the roof line occasionally when going over bumps because of the sun roof intrusion into the cabin. The car has given me no mechanical problems and I've never taken it back to the dealer for any issue. I wanted a vehicle with both all wheel drive and 4 wheel drive capability. However, recognize that this vehicle is not designed for off-road use. No rattles or squeaks have developed. Car handles very well, but OEM tires wear out quickly, lasted 1 year. Actually this is good so you can replace them with ones of good quality.

The V6 is a perfect match to this car; fun to drive. With rear seat folded down, lots of carrying capacity. First car I've ever owned where the rear seat had ample leg and head room. Lots of storage compartments and in-door drink holders. Good gas mileage, 29 mpg at 70 miles per hour with the V6

Road noise is a little more than I would like, but it's not excessive. Seats need a lumbar adjustment. Radio needs an option to easily allow different tonal settings (talk radio vs music need different EQ). Run pre- wire for towing to back of car, and wire for a 7 pin connection not just 4 pin.

Decent Vehicle
By RINNC

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drove this car for about 2 yrs. Fabric seats are comfortable on long distances,seat material started pilling shortly after purchased. Dealer replaced but same thing happened. Position of controls well placed. Radio sounds great and subwoofer in rear door does not rattle. Mp3 jack was stupidly placed in the cntr console below the power outlet. Lots of hard plastic but it does not look cheap. Handled well in the snow,only have front-wheel drv. The original tires wore out to fast. Can't see backlit orange temp and radio cntrl with sunglasses on. Back cargo net is cheap. Torque steer when accelerating.

V6 and mileage you get from it. The upgraded audio with blue tooth sounds great. Comfortable seats.

Change color of back light on controls. Make it more quiet. Move MP3 jack to make it more convenient to plug your IPOD into. Improve quality of seat fabric and cargo net. Better tires. Improve torque steer with V6.

Great Safe Vehicle
By KarenP

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I would just like to share that the 07'Toyota Rav4 Limited with the third row seat provided excellent Safety for myself and my daughter who was sitting in the back seat behind me. While sitting at a traffic light, we were hit from behind with another vehicle traveling at 50MPH. The Rav4 did what it was designed to do and that was to protect the integrity of the interior while the outside of the vehicle crumpled around us. The vehicle was totaled, but myself and my daughter walked away with only bruising and whiplash. I was so impressed by this, we purchased the same vehicle, 08'Rav4 Limited with the third row seat to replace the totaled one. Would highly recommend for safety!

The Premium sound system, dual air, Blue tooth and stereo controls in the steering wheel. The 6cyl has a lot of power! The leather seats are very comfortable even on long trips.

Arm Rests. If you are thinking of purchasing this vehicle I would suggest the Limited edition. The Base model is just that, Basic.

Reliable but the good ends there
By unhappyRAVdriver

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Four-wheel drive automatically disengages at 26mph and the salesperson did NOT point out that feature. Vehicle is the noisiest and worst riding I have ever had and I've driven SUVs for 20+ years. Front seats are unacceptable; very uncomfortable, short--cuts across the back of the thighs--and they don't adjust back far enough for me, a 5'6" driver. Very unhappy with this vehicle and I won't buy Toyota again.

Reliable and good mechanically. The V6 is snappy.

Better sound proofing, improve the ride, improve the 4-wheel drive, redesign the front seats.

Love my RAV!
By c. fougner

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great vehicle! Safe, fun to drive, great fuel economy and, of course, amazingly reliable like all Toyotas!

Lock in 4wd should stay on up to at least 35mph. It pops out at 25 mph, and even on the worst days 30 mph is a normal speed.