Used 2008 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

RAV4
By Lene

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

V6 is very peppy engine. CONS:Driver's seat does not go back very far. I'm only 5'6" & I would like more leg room. Since getting the car I have always noticed a humming noise whenever I'm accelerating & at all speeds, but especially between 40-45 mph. It has never impacted the performance of the car. I just took it into the dealer to address this sound. The dealer confirmed it IS a problem with the Rav4. They will be replacing the L side engine mount, rear engine mount & L side drive axle damper. They said IF that doesn't do the trick it will have to get a new transmission! What a surprise that was! Thank goodness I took it in before the warranty expired! So be aware...and listen.

I like that is handles well and is extremely responsive. Love the configuration of the back seats and the way they fold flat.

Driver's seat needs to slide back farther. Rear windshield wiper is hard to get, only available at Toyota dealer & is expensive. I found I can just buy the rubber piece and that is simple to replace. It should be made available elsewhere like other wipers.

Good Vehicle but Overpriced
By Ken Hartley

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

OEM tires worn out at 37,000 miles. More noise than I would like on concrete highways. Wind buffets when windows are down to the point they have to be rolled up. Rear seats not very comfortable.

Power and reliability.

Better Tires, more sound proofing, ability to remove roof racks, replace oil filter canister with screw on type oil filter, put dual exhausts on RAV, add padding to rear seats. make a (real 4 wheel version) and real all wheel drive version.

I would prefer to buy
By Suren

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like this SUV, more comfortable and fun to drive. I have Sport V6 with 3.5 L, excellent pickup.

Happy Camper
By Wm Leider

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Rav4 Jan 2010 and traded my 2006 Matrix. Wife and I wanted something a little bigger and easier to get in and out of. I'm very pleased with both Toyota's and will buy another when I tire of this one.

Size, economy, looks.

None

Not so reliable as they say
By Jacko

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I don't know what the fuss is all about. It's nice for the first few months, then you start seeing all the negative aspects of the car. Yes, it looks nice, it has lots of room, but there are issues. Overall, very overrated car. In reality, as an owner - I'd say it's terrible.

Looks good. During winter it's pretty grippy on snow.

Windshield cracks every winter, brake problems, seats uncomfortable for long trips, too noisy, feels cheap, Gas mileage is average, the interior is not thought out. Who places cup holders right where you have power plug? You can't charge your phone and have a cup there. Lots of dumb things like that