2008 Rav4 Sport 4wd V6
By solo on
2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
After trading in my Xterra, I am very happy with my RAV4 Sport model. What impressed me was the tremendous acceleration of the V6, the safety features and the "on demand" 4WD system. No more locking in hubs or shifting into 4WD. It took a while getting use to the different configuration of the stick shift. There is good visibility out the front windshield due to the short angled hood. Road noise from the tires is apparent and is probably due to the brand of tires. The seats are not too comfortable on the Sport but these shortcomings are minor to me compared to my previous vehicle. The gas mileage is quite good although it needs more breakin to see more improvement.
Favorite Features
Hidden compartment under the floor boards. Skid plate over the vulnerable parts underneath. Black color looks great with the 18 inch aluminum wheels. The rear seats fold flat allowing me to sleep inside when camping out. Temperature display on dashboard is a nice feature.
Suggested Improvements
Shifting into low gear from 4 to 3, there doesn't appear to be any noticeable deceleration until you are in 2nd. I prefer cupholders at the rear of the stickshift than in front. I prefer a higher rear console box so I can rest my right arm when I'm driving. It's too low.