Used 2008 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Ahh, another Toyota!
By JHfrmPV

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We had 3 Toyotas sitting at our house (Highlander Hybrid, 4Runner, and Camry), so it's no shock they were at the top of our list when it was time to get our daughter a car. We absolutely love the car all around and would definitely recommend it to everybody! MPG are excellent as we are getting 26 on average. Looked into the Escape as well and for a couple thousand more, you get better quality, mileage, and of course, legend reliability. Plenty of room for everyone, got it with the third row for convenience. Tight, but still fine. If you are looking at any comps, just go to the Toyota dealer and buy this car. You will never wish to look back! Now, we PROUDLY display 4 Toyotas at our home!

Comfort, space, MPG, quality, all of the standard features, and it seems very durable. I fit fine even though I am 6'3". Just in general, it is such a good car.

After 3 months, pretty much nothing! If anything, third row room, but we never use it much anyway so its not worth complaining about.

Good all-arounder
By James

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car for four months now. Took it on a cross country trip from MA to CA and the car did not disappoint as it was comfortable even during 13 hours/day drives and the engine allowed effortless driving and passing. Was able to load a lot of contents in the car yet allowed one person to sleep flat in the back. All the safety features incorporated in the car (e.g. VSC, EBD, etc) saved us from a highway catastrophe by a reckless driver in Chicago's south side and allowed us to maintain control. However, tighter brakes and suspension would create more driving confidence. Radio/6-disc CD changer/MP3 player/auxiliary port allows endless forms of audio entertainment!

Powerful and smooth V6 needs only regular gas, Bluetooth, MP3 player, comfortable seats (I am 5'7") with good driver lumbar support, lots of all around interior space given its exterior size. Especially love the hidden compartments under the cargo floor. Yes, Blizzard Pearl color rules!

Higher capacity gas tank! Interior plastic can be easily scratched. Brakes need to be stronger! Side opening cargo door is easy to operate for small stature owners but a clamshell opening would be nice if space to the car behind is tight and allows unrestricted views/access for tailgate parties.

Love at first site!
By linda

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went from a '94 gas sucking explorer to my sleep red V6 rav4. I love this vehicle! I am getting over 29 miles a gallon with a bit of hyper-miling and not squealing the tires when I take off! I looked at Saturn vue, Ford escape, Ford edge, Mercury Mariner and I found this to be the best value! Its fun to drive, and I do not regret buying it a bit. 3rd row seat hold my daughters friends for combined mall trips, or lay 'em down and put all her softball stuff there! Its an awesome SUV

3rd row is my fav! Love the extra glove box too. Great idea to put functional cup holders for almost all the seats in the car. Orange lights on radio and cup holders is cool

Make mud flaps standard on even the base model - you will need them. Change manual seat adjustments - not real versatile. Don't like back door opening like that as well as up. (Had to be this way with the spare though!) make tire cover somehow locking so it wont get stolen.

Amazing gas mileage
By panpan

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my RAV4 Limited 4 cyl 4x4 3 days ago, and drove it Saturday and Sunday to Bear Mountain State Park NY. It was of course full tank of gas. After driving 180 miles over the weekend, and I refuel on Sunday night, it pumps only 5.6 gallons of gas. It turns out to be 32 miles / gallon. Unbelievable. It gives my family very smooth ride, reasonable wind noise and road noise. Interior room is spacious, near mid- side SUV interior space, with compact SUV price. It is fun to drive, good handling. Overall, great value for that kind of price.

Many.

Don't know yet.

Most fun car to drive for the money!
By soccerguy2k

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven previous Rav4s with 4 cyl engines. When I test drove the V6, I was sold instantly. This car is a dream, as if someone custom made it for you! It's everything you expect, and it flies! If you like a race car feel and performance and can handle the pick-up, this is for you. Conservative drivers will not like this car. This should be a major hit for the young and the young at heart who can afford a nice SUV.

Powerful engine, smooth ride, excellent auto transmission, great interior, JBL sound system. This SUV rocks.

The only negative I see is the old style antenna! It should be either built-in to the windshield or at the least retract down. It's the first thing I can see some car vandal will break-off!