2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Love my new 2008 RAV4
By Vicki on 11/25/07 04:59 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After lots of research, I traded in my Camry SE for the 2008 Limited, 4wd,4 cyl RAV I drove a V6 to compare, and it was fast, a quieter engine, but they didn't have the V6 available in the Limited. However, the 4cyl is peppy enough for me. From a dead stop it takes off with plenty of speed and for my commuting needs the 4cyl is fine. The overall feel of the car is super and spacious. I'm up much higher than in my Camry and I like that. I love the interior, the safety features and its a smooth drive. Wind noise is nil. I am very happy I bought this vehicle.

2008 Rav4 Sport 4wd V6
By solo on 11/23/07 07:03 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After trading in my Xterra, I am very happy with my RAV4 Sport model. What impressed me was the tremendous acceleration of the V6, the safety features and the "on demand" 4WD system. No more locking in hubs or shifting into 4WD. It took a while getting use to the different configuration of the stick shift. There is good visibility out the front windshield due to the short angled hood. Road noise from the tires is apparent and is probably due to the brand of tires. The seats are not too comfortable on the Sport but these shortcomings are minor to me compared to my previous vehicle. The gas mileage is quite good although it needs more breakin to see more improvement.

Love My RAV4 Sooo Much
By Excellent Crossover on 11/22/07 02:41 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Been owning for about a month now and put about 800 miles on it. All I can say is nothing but good impression of everything that comes with it. Plenty of power to fool around on the road, handling is just like a car, gas consumption is impressive for a 3500 lbs crossover SUV(got average of 21 miles/gal). Design of the interior is as good as sedan but too much plastic materials used. Toyota did a good job to fool your eyes (you'll think it's a leatherette from a distance). This is the reason why I took 1 point off the interior design evaluation points. I love how the exterior look, from the headlights(resembling BMW headlights) to the curve line on the sides, side mirrors, but weird rear-end.

Not a vega
By jack on 11/20/07 07:10 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Totally surprised with the snap that this 4 cylinder engine has. Wife feels very safe in this car; have been in pickups the past 10 yrs and ready to downsize. Toyota quality and reliability brought me to the car; retiring next year and this is the sensible solution to fuel economy for a non hybrid. Plenty of nooks and crannies to put things, net assembly and cargo cover have out of the way place for storing. This car gets there now, no problem getting up to and over speed limits; runs so quite and handles so well you can be up to 80 mph before you realize it. I'm a big guy and the driver side is roomy and comfortable, selected the liqui-cell leather seats for my disabled lower back.

RAV4 Limited - Wonderful! Wonderful!
By Suzyq on 11/10/07 18:21 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a new RAV4 Limited and absolutely love it. The drive is very quiet, the ride smooth and handling is great. I traded a Jeep Liberty and besides getting me out of my 300 ft driveway in 8" of snow, I loved the turning radius. It would turn on a dime getting into parking spots. The RAV does too. One of the reasons I bought the RAV was for the gas mileage. Of course anything is better on gas than the Liberty. I also wanted a RAV because of the safety features. We've had 2 Toyotas in our family and would have literally driven them into the ground; they were built so well. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a great SUV!

Research paid off
By Robert on 11/10/07 10:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I put in a lot of time and researched all the available makes and models, both hybrid and gas, that would satisfy my current needs. Based on the MPG, reliability, looks and price the RAV4 edged out the Honda CR-V. Now that I have had the car for several weeks I am thrilled that I decided on the RAV4. The V6 is surprisingly powerful and quick for the MPG that you actually get. We are averaging 25.3 MPG so far. The sport model has larger rims and tires with fender well moldings that really make a difference in the overall look of the vehicle. The interior is very well thought out and convenient. As I drive around and look at the other new cars on the road I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Awesome Buy
By LG on 11/07/07 19:02 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it new 2007 Limited. Love it. If you are talking on phone and Bluetooth is activated. As soon as you start your car your call gets transferred to your car speaker and built in mic. Hands-free driver. No need to turn off or lower the volume, it will switch automatically to call when you receive a call too. Extra storage in the trunk. Cargo net and other good stuff is awesome.

Great small SUV
By NorthernMD on 11/05/07 11:56 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not a lot of miles yet. Very tight car. V6 has excessive power, very quick. Have had 5 people in the car with no lack of pep. Last tank 23 mpg, 65% city, 35% highway. Sport trim has the best look. Road noise, wind, etc is as I expected for this type of car but still very quiet (I don't usually turn on the stereo for short trips). So far it matches up to my pre-purchase research.

Malfunction at 90 miles
By wpenny on 11/03/07 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am disappointed with the 2008 Rav4. I turned a corner last night, pressed on the gas and the car jerked and three major malfunction indicator lights came on (4WD, VSC and a lamp). Toyota does not know what the codes are and needs to contact Toyota engineering. 3-weeks old and malfunctions. Should have stuck with the Camry

Fun to drive
By Bob in WA on 11/01/07 08:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2008 limited RAV4 with the V6 is a winning combination. The drive is superb, the dual control temperature is a great feature, saves arguments on the right temperatures. The performance of the V6 will impress even the most skeptical driver. Steering is very responsive and all around this is a high quality fun vehicle to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.