2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Best of class
By Engineer on 01/05/08 15:49 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned the 6-cylinder Ltd version since November 07. It's a lot of fun to drive. The power of the V6 is amazing, and likewise the stopping ability is great, too. It corners very well, with a surprisingly tight turning radius, making it very easy to park. It has excellent visibility, which makes it easy to back out of a parking space. The dual climate controls work much better that the dual climate controls in my American-brand sedan. The side-opening rear door makes it easy for my 5-foot tall wife to load groceries and close the door afterwards. The 8-way adjustable seat gives her a good view of the road. She loves the car.

Great vehicle - Good in snow
By brianjv99 on 01/03/08 07:21 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the new rav4 I got. It is great in the winter weather, traction control, stability control and 4WD make it almost impossible to slip. It handles in snow great and I'm zipping past other cars that are sliding all around.

Fun Car
By Alf on 01/01/08 16:04 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

just traded in 05 Escape. I thought that was good until I tried this. Big difference. Better gas mileage from the 3.5 v6, great handling, fully loaded, quieter but still road noise, front wheels getting brake dust,smoother ride, tighter turning radius. 2 trip meters, outside temp., Escape did not have, but needs mileage computer. Seats a little tight up front, too much room in rear. Must be for Japanese market, smaller people. Could easily move seat rails back 2 in. Center console box could have been bigger, higher. Like to have grab bar like Escape. Blue tooth cellphone echoes. Rear hatch should open up, not sideways. A problem unloading with parallel parking. Will buy again.

Thoroughbred
By 1969Ben on 12/24/07 08:36 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car in early October and have already hit 5000 very enjoyable miles. We've run from NYC to Boston and back twice, one of those trips in the thick of the recent snowstorm. The AWD plowed through several inches of fresh snow (the electronic AWD lock being a very useful feature when the plows haven't come through yet). Having a V6 gives added confidence, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this car. I'm 6'2" and quite comfortable up front. I have 4 kids under age 7, so the optional third row gets used at weekends. It's a little tight back there - cargo space pretty much disappears with the third row up & in use. When the kids are older we'll go for a Sienna.

A very fun and reliable SUV
By Diego on 12/21/07 06:37 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased in Nov 2007 and simply love driving my new 2008 RAV4. I'm amazed at how agile and fun this thing drives. It's like driving a peppy little sports car that sits high off the ground. The vehicle is well engineered and the traction control and 4wd provide impressive handling in the snow. The only downside I see to the vehicle is somewhat lower mileage than I had hoped for/expected. I get around 23-24 mpg on mixed city/highway driving.

RAV4 Limited Review
By Fred on 12/16/07 16:55 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car drives like a dream and is very comfortable. The V6 provides tons of zip - very peppy. Bluetooth works very well. I like the side-opening rear gate. Test drove the car and it rode rough. I found the tires over-inflated - lowering pressure fixed the problem. The car is quiet and handles better than our '05 Highlander. After 1000 mi., I'm quite happy with this car.

One Week and Great!
By EdF on 12/16/07 08:23 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Limited V6 for a week and about 600 miles. It's been smooth and agile on the two trips I've taken. Plenty of power to get around trucks and slower vehicles.

great SUV for the price
By shao on 12/10/07 00:15 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Rav4 yesterday, 2008 4 cyl base model with roof rail and 17" wheels. Today I added 250 miles on it through moutain roads and freeways. The 4 cyl responses quick and provides sufficient power. The enginee is not quiet but sounds sporty. Handling is fantastic for a SUV at this price. It actiually handels much better than many sedans i drove. The ride is a little bit stiff tho. I think it's the trade off of good handling. Interior space is bright, roomy and functional, the design and materials are nice but not the best in class. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase.

Gas mileage rip off
By NHNancy on 12/06/07 10:17 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota. It's been a little over one month. The first week I couldn't believe my eyes. I got 400 miles on the first tanks. WOW! 25 mpg for bumper to bumper traffic. And then it went downhill from there. I am now lucky to get 300 per tank or 19 mpg. Cold weather this week, the back brakes are making a high pitched noise when stopping.

So far so good
By Eric on 11/27/07 17:54 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned the Rav4 for about 6 weeks and have almost 1800 miles. I have a 4WD limited, 4cyl. It runs smooth and quiet. When it switches gears, mine doesn't "clink" as a previous reviewer said. The 4cyl has more than enough oomph for basic driving. I'm not one for towing/hauling, so I didn't need the 6cyl. I like how the CD player reads MP3s. My previous car did not. I can get about 180 songs on a CD. However, the random function seems to play about the same 25 songs... not sure why. All in all happy with my purchase. If I could go back, I would still buy it again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.