2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Raves 4 RAV4
By mike nath on 05/03/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife, 2 dogs (German Shepherd and Rottweiler), and I needed a car that could carry us all on trips in comfort and with good gas mileage. The RAV4 seemed to fit the bill. In actuality, it more than fits our needs. We do not need super power on the highway, but the RAV4 is quick and does not have the usual 4- cyl engine noise at highway speeds. MPG is a solid 27 average for us. Fit and finish are great. This base FWD model is perfect for our situation. We could not be happier with this car.

First SUV
By Dave on 04/27/08 16:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pros: fun and easy to drive. Good ride and is quite. Good leather interior. Lots of storage space in rear. Excellent get up and go.

Step Down SUV
By mikec on 04/26/08 22:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had my RAV4 for 1 week and am pleased with the vehicle. I bought this car for my wife who has been driving a Yukon for the 4 years. Traded down to a smaller SUV due to mileage. Initial mileage for local driving at 21 MPG for the V6. I like the Bluetooth, JBL sound system is nice. Overall my wife is happy with the car.

RAV4 at 2,000 miles
By Kevin on 04/25/08 22:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 1999 Sienna since the kids are older and don't need the van with mediocre mileage and performance. I test drove the RAV4 with a 4 cylinder and was unimpressed, very noisy during acceleration and not much power. Then I tried the 6 cylinder and it is awesomely powerful off the line. I have put on 2,000 miles in about 6 weeks and I have gotten 23-24 mpg. I'm sure I would do better if I could keep it under 75. So far, the RAV4 has been fun to drive and performs more like a car then other SUVs I have driven. Took the kids skiing in the Catskills and it took the mountains effortlessly. Can't wait to try the 4X4 in the snow.

RAV4 with V6 - Awesome!
By Bob Snyder on 04/24/08 16:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I swore I didn't want or need a V6. I wasn't even going to test drive one but after I did I was absolutely hooked! The V6 engine paired with 17" wheels is a killer combo. I can't believe how smooth and quiet this car is. My wife and I love it! It has great acceleration and handles extremely well. We are averaging about 25 mpg in mixed driving and even got 28 mpg on a recent trip. I am convinced that this is the best SUV in its class!

Great Vehicle
By garyp on 04/20/08 12:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this 3 weeks ago and have enjoyed every minute I have spent in it. It is really quick, very nimble, very roomy and very comfortable. The ride is very comfortable and secure, both at freeway speeds and on curvy country roads. The first 2 tanks of gas are averaging over 25 mpg and should only get better. I traded a large Buick Rendezvous for the Rav and am much happier with the Rav. Plenty of storage and easy access. Easy entrance and exit to/from both front and rear seats also.

Gotta Try it
By greg cain on 04/19/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Over the past 9 years I have purchased 4 Toyota products and this one is by far the best. My last purchase was a 2004 Highlander which my wife and I really enjoyed. You can't beat the overall performance of the engine and transmission. It actually feels like the vehicle is not running and at the same time just wants to take off. Outstanding performance. Ample room and at the same time, I can't see a whole lot of difference between this and the Highlander I owned. Our first choice was the Limited addition but chose the sport because of the darker seats and dash.

It is what it is
By jsandy1 on 04/13/08 19:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pros: lots of power; fun to drive; shiftronic transmission; roomy interior; excellent AC; great JBL stereo-the bluetooth feature is excellent; very good gas mileage so far; good quality leather interior. Rear reclining seats on an adjustable track. Moonroof is a nice feature. Cons: center console needs to he higher for use as an armrest; no AC blower control on steering wheel; clock hard to see; trip computer is very mediocre-need to improve; Home Link should be offered at least as an option. Cargo net in rear is cumbersome.

The RAV is cool
By mike on 04/09/08 18:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife wanted a new vehicle after driving minivans for the last fifteen years. Gas mileage was a big factor as was the fact she wanted a small suv and something sporty. All those factors took us to the RAV. Nice ride, looks cool, good gas mileage so far (about 23 mpg), can't wait to take a trip with it this summer.

2008 RAV4
By jb on 04/03/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just got married and wanted something slightly bigger than a sedan (previous car was a 1994 Accord coupe). We test drove the Rogue, CR-V, Tucson, Vibe, and RAV4. We wanted something that was versatile, reliable, and gets good mileage. The 4-cyl gives good acceleration, but can be noisy. Leg room is good enough (I'm 6'1"). We live in a snowy climate but don't need the AWD. Very happy so far, would buy again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.