2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Rav4 - Consumer Reviews

2008 RAV4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Sort Reviews by

Great with a few reservations
By dennism

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my RAV4 for about 4 months and I like it a lot. The 4 cyl engine is amazing and the braking is the best I've ever had in a car. There are a lot of little extras which are nice. I have only two real complaints. The seat, while having a good lumbar support are quite uncomfortable. If you test drive be aware. The mileage is somewhat under the estimated mileage. My mixed city-highway is running between 18-21 mpg. Last, they should have had some heavy duty cover on the back bumper. It can easily get roughed up as you put things in the rear. They offer a little plastic cover, but it does not cover the critical area. This may have been fixed in the 2009 model. Great car-bad seats

Favorite Features

engine is great. cargo area is quite spacious. 6 disc CD and audio system is nice.

Suggested Improvements

new seats and protected back bumper

Excellent
By Carlos

Nothing to complain.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, aux in, steering controls, audio system with subwoofer.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission could be smoother. Sometimes it is rough between gears specially when you slow down and hit the gas again it feels like a jump.

Not Just For The Younger Set
By KarenB

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am an older lady who loves my RAV4. So often you drive down the road and all you can see of the driver in front is an inch of blue hair sticking above the steering wheel. In the RAV4 I can sit up high and have better control of the highway and my surroundings. It's easy to get in and out of and I can do it in style. A big thumbs up for my RAV!!

Rattling dashboard
By Karen

2008 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 rav4 4x4 base model in February 2008. It was the best vehicle I ever owned until it hit 850 miles and that's when I could hear a loud constant rattling coming from the dashboard, more specifically the center console. The vehicle was brought back to the dealership 4 times and was never permanently fixed. The master technician, who was great to deal with even replaced my vents in the center dash with a new RAV4 on the sales lot. At times it sounded like a popcorn machine! Finally, a field technical expert from Toy inspected the vehicle and determined that it was A NORMAL OPERATING CHARACTERISTIC! Very disappointed, 1st and last Toyota I'll ever own.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, fuel economy, daytime running lights, smooth and comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

Toyota needs to improve cheaply made interior, more specifically center console! Inside is all plastic, even on the sport and ltd! Also rear door should open rt to left or make it a hatchback. Can't unload easily at curbside!