2007 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Great SUV value

2007 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great SUV value
By jazzydev on

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this RAV after owning a 1998 RAV. So the difference is quite noticeable. This is my daily driver, so I needed 4WD and wanted good/decent gas mileage. The cabin is much larger, both with leg room and shoulder room. Love the look of the Sport (I think it handles tighter with the larger wheels). Gas is about 25 mpg with 80/20 highway/local driving. The road noise is considerably less. The back seat area is spacious, even if you're 6'2". The 4 cylinder has a nice punch, its not a 6 cyl, but off the line is good with just me in the car. When I test drove the sales guys said that the 6 is too much. Test drove CRV and 07 highlander-liked the RAV better.

Favorite Features

Design, 18" wheels, fog lights, fold-down seating, price, middle arm rest, storage space, mp3 connection w/power, outside thermometer, stock radio surprisingly kicks!

Suggested Improvements

Only minor stuff here. The glare from moonroof on radio display, probably the most negative here, add a compass for direction, steering wheel adjustment up and down not just in and out, include rubber cargo mat for the storage, raise and lower glass in hatch and change hatch door to swing up.