2007 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Paint chipping since day of pu

2007 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Paint chipping since day of purchase
By Kiki on

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have always wanted a toyota and this was my 1st experience. Love all features except the 4WD feature auto turns off once you hit 25 mph. Biggest concern is paint chipping off the hood. Looks like air bubbles that have popped. 1st noticed within 30 days brought back to dealer and all they said was go to a body shop not their problem. Never had this with any other vehicle I have owned. The pain on bumper is fine but now their are pinholes showing rust all over the hood and chips the size of pencil tops . Car has less than 40K miles on it and is rarely driven on dirt/gravel roads. Who can i contact to address this issue, it is obviously a mfg defect.

Favorite Features

roomiest in the back and the storage compartment under the floor.

Suggested Improvements

Replace all the vehicles with defective paint. Not sure if it is all colors of just the navy blue that I have. Also change hinge on back door as it opens on the wrong side. Pretty inconvenient.
By paula8757
on 12/09/10 16:21 PM (PST)

I just saw this post while looking for other RAV4 issues. I had a similar problem with an older Toyota I had many years ago. The dealer refused to cover it so I called Corporate and got it taken care of. Rocks and normal driving of any vehicle doesn't make perfect little pinwholes in the pain and doesn't make it bubble. You just have to be firm with them. Good luck