2007 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Regularly Irregular
By H.Markm on 05/28/08 08:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it because of the 6 cyl. My Honda had 6. It got 20-21 mpg in city. Only getting 17. Have transmission difficulties that dealer says don't exist. Have filed with NTSA. Have to drive like stick shift mode (it's an automatic) just to get it to drive/shift in a normal pattern. It either bogs down/lags or takes off. There is no happy medium. Would be happier with manual transmission at this point. I shopped for almost 2 years, made my decision and am not happy.

Great for family
By cveto on 05/22/08 23:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it for my wife and she loves it. Things we love about it are 4wd, peppiness and styling. This vehicle got it all. It is not a male appealing vehicle but I enjoy driving it too. It is a all weather suv Rather than a offroad. If you got a kid or two that is the vehicle you need.

Amazing Vehicle
By AZ on 05/18/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am totally and completely satisfied with my V6 2WD RAV4 Limited. It has an amazing pickup that will put many sports cars/coupes to shame. Although it is a compact SUV it is very comfortable and very spacious and has an excellent ride quality. I would highly recommend to buy the V6 because there is a difference of only 2 MPG between the V4 and V6. My RAV4 easily gives 21 mpg in city and around 28 mpg on highway.

18-Month Review
By Karen on 05/18/08 07:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm coming up on 15000 miles, love this SUV. Drove from NoVa to NC beaches (10 hours) with 4 adults, 2 dogs, luggage, boogie boards, beach chairs, etc., plenty of room, everyone comfy the whole trip. Temp over 100 degrees, had no problems with AC. I like the side-hinged rear door; when installing the cargo carrier on the roof rack, I was able to stand on the rear deck and install the back end of the carrier, also the carrier could stick out further than the back of the car and we could still open the rear door. This SUV is so much fun to drive, it handles beautifully, it's powerful, I still love driving it after almost 18 months. Only maintenance so far: oil changes.

Smooth on Highway, a Little Rough Local
By sy on 04/12/08 20:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drove from Chicago to Las Vegas (1700+) miles smoothly. Plenty of horses, but accelerating from a stop, the transmission tends to lag a bit. Not sure if it's torque steer, the SUV weight or needs better quality or premium gas, or the trans itself. However, once you get moving, this vehicle can fly. It rides very smooth on the highway even going 100+. It's a bit bumpy on local streets, especially for the rear passengers, but keep in mind, after all, it is an SUV. Exterior looks great, but the interior is a little "plasticky", I guess that's how you keep costs down. If you want more refinement, go with the luxury brands. Otherwise, this is what $25K gets you (w/o 4WD). Overall, good value.

Nice
By Car Los on 04/07/08 17:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV for my family last year (wife & 1 yr old son). The style played an important role in the decision. We took it in a few road trips and were very happy with the general performance. Nice handling, lots of power (even for a 4 cyl engine) great traction on snowy roads and good stereo system with iPod/MP3 capability. The cargo area is pretty generous with under floor storage. On the other side the throttle feels a little too sensitive, specially when taking off and the tranny tends to have a delayed reaction when slowing down and pulling into a driveway or parking lot (I am not sure but this could be an issue just with my car; I haven't had it checked yet).

Great Value and Reliability
By kenbowls on 04/03/08 05:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the RAV4 for about 18 months and no problems. A real value and very reliable. MPG, about 23 in town and 28-30 on the highway. Plenty of room and comfort, with plenty of headroom and very little wind and road noise. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power and did not need speeding tickets with the V6 engine. I have a new 2008 Highlander and I call the RAV4 my baby Highlander. Very hard to find fault with.

2007 rav4 v6 review
By sd on 04/02/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The engine has sufficient power, at 270 hp. The vehicle seats 4 comfortably. The road and wind noise is excessive, especially on rough surfaces. The dash is made of cheap material. When the gas cap is opened the finish is dull and rusty. I am experiencing a tic-tic around the driver's sun visor area. The dealer says he does not hear it. It is intermittent but faint, and I hear it everytime I drive. There is also a light rattle sometimes when braking to a stop, again it is intermittent, my 96 Toyota camry v6 has 250,000 miles. I am the original owner and did not experience any of the defects and problems with the rav4. The Camry ride is a lot quieter. I am disappointed with the rav4 .

Great vehicle
By bendgolfer on 03/29/08 11:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very fun to drive, but also very practical. Mileage is great, even at 75mph +. Acceleration is awesome, great for passing. Just need two more inches of leg room and this car would be a perfect 10.

RAVI!
By carman on 02/13/08 20:38 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This SUV rides somewhat firm, but handles like it is on rails. The handling is great, I get the same feel as driving an Accord. Just took a mini road trip and avg mpg was 25, was hoping for better, but would trade for the AWD performance. The AWD system is awesome, have driven in serious snow/ice and feel like I am invincible, unbelievable traction. Plenty of power and tranny is smooth, overall this is a pretty fun vehicle to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.