Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Big Disappointment
By amy

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Rav 4 has 67000 miles and needs a new short block. The car is using too much oil. Estimated cost of repair is over $5000.00. In addition, the the light on the HV/AC controls need to be replaced. While under warranty we had to have the steering shaft and water pump replaced. I have had great experience with Toyota's in the past. But, this is not acceptable.

flexibility of space.

Make a quality product.

Ho Hum
By Dan

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I knew now, what I had no way of knowing when I bought this car. The V6 engine is very peppy, the car handles well, and is terrific on snow covered roads. I really like the way it looks and drives. However, I was not prepared to pay $1800 ($171 for parts)to replaced a water pump. My wife drives this car to work everyday, approximately 100 miles round trip. That comes out o 95% highway driving. If I had known the cost involved for this repair, I would have never bought the V6. At the time I bought it, it was the highest rated SUV according to Consumer Reports. Live and learn.

Love my Toy yoyo
By Buckeyefan- OHIO

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I say I test drove everything, I mean EVERYTHING. I have had my RAV4 for 3 years now and plan to drive it until the wheels fall off!. Great performance, the V6 does not mess around when you are trying to enter the freeway. I commute 60 miles a day. Did great in the Ohio Snow this year. The tire "sensor" went out a month ago. Haven't had that replaced yet. I always get compliments about how shiny and clean it looks. I swaer it's the paint. Always looks great. You would not believe what I have hauled in this RAV4. A 60" kitchen base cabinet and 6 foot counter top, twin mattress and box springs- it's great.

Back seats adjust up and back for additional room. Lots of cup holders and storage. The seat backs are plastic, so my toddlers muddy shoe prints just wipe off !!! Love the storage under the back floor.

I little more padding in the seats.

Great all around vehicle.
By Bill

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The original set of Yokahama tires wore out around 32,000, and were replaced with a better set of tires. I had the steering knock issue, and Toyota was aware of the problem, and fixed it at no cost to me. Also a oil hose was fixed at no cost even though the warranty had expired. The RAV4 is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned.

Great comfort, and drives like a dream.

None really except for a dash mounted GPS.

Smooth Hwy, Little Rough Local Part 3
By sy

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Follow up to my 10/21/08 review. Hesitation while accelerating is still there, just had to get used to it. Sometimes still annoying when you need to give it some gas, the vehicle doesn't move right away. I'm not convinced it's torque steer. I'm back to premium gas to see if helps, not it. Still don't think it's the trans. Dealer says it's, "manufacturer computer programmed". I guess it's better than it accelerating by itself. Look for VVT-I Oil Hose Replacement recall. Enter VIN on Toyota website to find out about yours. All in all, it still drives well, though. The styling hasn't changed much on the RAV4s, so I feel it was a good choice made then. Recently got asked if it was 2009 or 2010.

The exterior design virtually unchanged the last couple of years. Roomy back seat and good cargo room in back. Will still buy Toyota/Lexus if built in Japan.

Visor starting to squeak. Ability to reset to tire pressure warning light. It comes on every season change. Hinges and door jambs hold a lot of water, especially the rear swing out door. Have a feeling rust will start to surface there first. Need to improve water run-off.

• SUV