Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Rav4 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Great all around vehicle.
By Bill

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The original set of Yokahama tires wore out around 32,000, and were replaced with a better set of tires. I had the steering knock issue, and Toyota was aware of the problem, and fixed it at no cost to me. Also a oil hose was fixed at no cost even though the warranty had expired. The RAV4 is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Great comfort, and drives like a dream.

Suggested Improvements

None really except for a dash mounted GPS.

Smooth Hwy, Little Rough Local Part 3
By sy

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Follow up to my 10/21/08 review. Hesitation while accelerating is still there, just had to get used to it. Sometimes still annoying when you need to give it some gas, the vehicle doesn't move right away. I'm not convinced it's torque steer. I'm back to premium gas to see if helps, not it. Still don't think it's the trans. Dealer says it's, "manufacturer computer programmed". I guess it's better than it accelerating by itself. Look for VVT-I Oil Hose Replacement recall. Enter VIN on Toyota website to find out about yours. All in all, it still drives well, though. The styling hasn't changed much on the RAV4s, so I feel it was a good choice made then. Recently got asked if it was 2009 or 2010.

Favorite Features

The exterior design virtually unchanged the last couple of years. Roomy back seat and good cargo room in back. Will still buy Toyota/Lexus if built in Japan.

Suggested Improvements

Visor starting to squeak. Ability to reset to tire pressure warning light. It comes on every season change. Hinges and door jambs hold a lot of water, especially the rear swing out door. Have a feeling rust will start to surface there first. Need to improve water run-off.

Missing my RAV4
By Car Nut

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In 2008, we needed to refresh our cars. I always like the look of the 2008 CR-V so I bought one. My wife really love it so she claimed it. Well, I was jealous but didn't want 2 CR-V on the driveway so I bought a 2007 RAV-4 instead. I must say, I love driving the RAV-4 better, I find it more solid, reliable and fun to drive. I didn't notice the difference in gas mileage between our 4 cyl CR-V to our V6 RAV-4. Recently we moved to a high-end neighborhood where everyone drives BMW, Lexus, MB, so we decided to get rid of both vehicles and buy me a RX350 and my wife a GX470. The only reason I am here is to vent how much I miss my RAV-4 with its "fun" qualities. OH the V6 POWER!

Favorite Features

V6 Power, Fun to drive, economical, RELIABLE, VERY cheap to maintain

Suggested Improvements

Better interior

after 3 years, a few problems
By icwl

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Generally a quality, functional vehicle. Quick acceleration, good visibility. Experienced problem with wheel speed sensors (check engine, VSD, 4WD lights came on) so no cruise control and rough engine were the result. $800 repair which was difficult for dealership to solve and very annoying. Tires wear quickly but have good grip on dry and wet roads. Adequate on snow.

Favorite Features

ride height, acceleration, clean lines.

Suggested Improvements

heat-air conditioning controls confusing (corrected in newer models). Bluetooth steering wheel controls are unlit and non-intuitive (e.g. hanging up when a call comes in). Bluetooth should be standard. Antenna should be in window. 3rd row seat should be available with leather option.

Overall Very Good Experiance
By Ny'er

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Almost up to 36,0000 miles. I took it to the dealer since I had the thunking in the steering column. They are fixing under warranty. They noticed the water pump was leaking and fixing under warranty as well. The front brakes needed replacement too. The tires are showing their wear and need to be replaced, these were the Geolander OEM. So all that being said, I would buy again. Love the handling and I feel safe in it.

Favorite Features

Engine acceleration, heated seats, room in the back.

Suggested Improvements

JBL stereo is OK, I think they could do better for the price. OEM tires should have been better, I paid less for replacements which have been higher rated.