Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Missing my RAV4
By Car Nut

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In 2008, we needed to refresh our cars. I always like the look of the 2008 CR-V so I bought one. My wife really love it so she claimed it. Well, I was jealous but didn't want 2 CR-V on the driveway so I bought a 2007 RAV-4 instead. I must say, I love driving the RAV-4 better, I find it more solid, reliable and fun to drive. I didn't notice the difference in gas mileage between our 4 cyl CR-V to our V6 RAV-4. Recently we moved to a high-end neighborhood where everyone drives BMW, Lexus, MB, so we decided to get rid of both vehicles and buy me a RX350 and my wife a GX470. The only reason I am here is to vent how much I miss my RAV-4 with its "fun" qualities. OH the V6 POWER!

Favorite Features

V6 Power, Fun to drive, economical, RELIABLE, VERY cheap to maintain

Suggested Improvements

Better interior

after 3 years, a few problems
By icwl

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Generally a quality, functional vehicle. Quick acceleration, good visibility. Experienced problem with wheel speed sensors (check engine, VSD, 4WD lights came on) so no cruise control and rough engine were the result. $800 repair which was difficult for dealership to solve and very annoying. Tires wear quickly but have good grip on dry and wet roads. Adequate on snow.

Favorite Features

ride height, acceleration, clean lines.

Suggested Improvements

heat-air conditioning controls confusing (corrected in newer models). Bluetooth steering wheel controls are unlit and non-intuitive (e.g. hanging up when a call comes in). Bluetooth should be standard. Antenna should be in window. 3rd row seat should be available with leather option.

Overall Very Good Experiance
By Ny'er

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Almost up to 36,0000 miles. I took it to the dealer since I had the thunking in the steering column. They are fixing under warranty. They noticed the water pump was leaking and fixing under warranty as well. The front brakes needed replacement too. The tires are showing their wear and need to be replaced, these were the Geolander OEM. So all that being said, I would buy again. Love the handling and I feel safe in it.

Favorite Features

Engine acceleration, heated seats, room in the back.

Suggested Improvements

JBL stereo is OK, I think they could do better for the price. OEM tires should have been better, I paid less for replacements which have been higher rated.

Very good MiniSUV
By Pancholo

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving my Limited RAV4 6 cyl 4x4. It has very good acceleration. The brakes could be better as it should stop quicker than it does. It rides smooth for an SUV. It is very reliable. After driving this fun miniSUV on long trips for 3 years, it only gave me a problem once. The dealer had to replace the steering box after off road trips and it started making a soft thunking sound when the wheel is turned all the way to the left (but it was still driving well). Warranty replacement of course. I would buy another RAV4 after this one gets to be too old.

Favorite Features

Good acceleration, comfortable ride, decent MPG, great cargo space, very reliable, and simply fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Only one I could think of - replace the brake parts for faster braking. Hopefully better brake pads would shorten braking distance.

Great all around SUV
By Toyota Convert

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Drove a new 2010 RAV and decided to save $$$ and buy used since there was no difference in looks. My 2007 RAV (12k miles) like many others had a noise/clicking in the steering wheel when turning. After research I found out about the intermediate steering shaft for which Toyota issued a TSB. Since mine still had the factory warranty (also bought it certified) I took it back to the dealer and it was repaired in a few hours, no questions asked. I signed for the warranty and saw it was 516.00. The car is now 100% to my liking and I enjoy it more every day in every way. Love it - can't go wrong!

Favorite Features

Easy to use controls - well placed and displayed. The fold down seats in rear are a snap with the rear release. Really like the cargo area size for a small SUV and the ease/design of the cargo nets and cover.

Suggested Improvements

Could make a better tire cover design for ease of use - best idea would be to stow spare elsewhere and take it off the back.