Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

RAV4 Great! until water pump problem
By Alex

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The RAV4 is exceptional in handling and driving, I love it! CAUTION: One major downfall, I have to replace the water pump. Well in order to have the water pump replaced the engine has to be taken out, 14.5 hours of labor! The service guy quoted 14.5 hours labor! That totally crushed my opinion about the RAV4, it's bad for the engineers/designer to place the water pump where the engine has to be removed to replace a simple device such as the water pump.

Favorite Features

Exceptional all around features.

Suggested Improvements

Outside noise in cabin is a problem with the RAV4.

Beware of the RAV4
By arobinson

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Problems: Water pump, head gasket blew because we did not replace water pump fast enough and engine has aluminum which warps in high temp. Transmission gasket replaced. Alternator replaced. Clicking in steering wheel. Luckily my brother-in-law is a mechanic saved us $1000's but we have still dumped about $3000 into fixing this car because I drove too much (ALL HWY driving) and nothing went wrong until after warranty expired. Glad I am not the only one with a LEMON RAV4, but sad at Toyota's lack of quality. 1st Toyota and probably last due to this money pit. At 109,000 miles and going to dump it and take my losses.

Favorite Features

comfortable seats, ease of seat reclining in the back

Suggested Improvements

Craftsmanship, and if the stupid things broke (which obviously a lot are) fix them and be the quality company you claim to be.

Big Disappointment
By amy

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Rav 4 has 67000 miles and needs a new short block. The car is using too much oil. Estimated cost of repair is over $5000.00. In addition, the the light on the HV/AC controls need to be replaced. While under warranty we had to have the steering shaft and water pump replaced. I have had great experience with Toyota's in the past. But, this is not acceptable.

Favorite Features

flexibility of space.

Suggested Improvements

Make a quality product.

Ho Hum
By Dan

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I knew now, what I had no way of knowing when I bought this car. The V6 engine is very peppy, the car handles well, and is terrific on snow covered roads. I really like the way it looks and drives. However, I was not prepared to pay $1800 ($171 for parts)to replaced a water pump. My wife drives this car to work everyday, approximately 100 miles round trip. That comes out o 95% highway driving. If I had known the cost involved for this repair, I would have never bought the V6. At the time I bought it, it was the highest rated SUV according to Consumer Reports. Live and learn.

Love my Toy yoyo
By Buckeyefan- OHIO

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I say I test drove everything, I mean EVERYTHING. I have had my RAV4 for 3 years now and plan to drive it until the wheels fall off!. Great performance, the V6 does not mess around when you are trying to enter the freeway. I commute 60 miles a day. Did great in the Ohio Snow this year. The tire "sensor" went out a month ago. Haven't had that replaced yet. I always get compliments about how shiny and clean it looks. I swaer it's the paint. Always looks great. You would not believe what I have hauled in this RAV4. A 60" kitchen base cabinet and 6 foot counter top, twin mattress and box springs- it's great.

Favorite Features

Back seats adjust up and back for additional room. Lots of cup holders and storage. The seat backs are plastic, so my toddlers muddy shoe prints just wipe off !!! Love the storage under the back floor.

Suggested Improvements

I little more padding in the seats.