2007 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
VVT OIL hose Failure. Engine replacement
By West Coast Toast on 06/13/09 19:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just like the post from Deb on 05/05/2009, last month my 2007 Toyota rav 4 with v6 and 38,000 kms had its vvt hose break spraying oil in engine compartment but no engine light came on. Caused engine failure. Had to replace the engine - wasn't easy but they did it under warranty after pushing them hard.

Catastrophic Engine Failure/vvt oil leak
By Deb on 05/15/09 04:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I used to love this car. I ordered it specifically. We own several Toyotas. After only 37000 miles I had a VVT hose leak spraying the car engine and making loud grinding sound. The dealer will not examine the valves or open the drip pan. I have found this is more common than Toyota is letting on. Toyota has only replaced the hose (60000 power train warranty) and will not agree to look for any damage that may have occurred. The warning light does not come on until the oil is gone and the engine is frozen. Horrible combination. Hope this helps someone else avoid this situation.

Steering shaft problem
By Rav in NC on 05/11/09 07:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Beware of intermediate steering shaft problem with not only Rav4s but apparently other Toyotas as well. Do your research before buying. My rav4 is not 3 years old and mostly highway mileage but over 36k. Told by Toyota servicing dealer that the intermediate steering should be replaced at a cost of $1600. There is a tsb "Toyota service bulletin" for this problem but apparently since I'm over the 36k mileage (even tho car is less than 3 years old), I'm on my own. If Toyota steps up to cover this, I'm a customer for life. If not, this is my last Toyota. So much for quality.

New England's RUST.
By Leo on 04/30/09 10:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For those thinking on buying this car and are from the New England area, I've been driving it for the last 18months and I am already having rust issues on all wheels. The rust created by the environment is not eligible for the Warranty.

Love it
By will on 03/06/09 19:49 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love this car. Consistently get 24 mpg if I keep it under 80. It handles like a sports car, very quick. Interior layout is the most convenient, cup holders are up front for easy access. Don't like where Toyota put the cruise control & road noise is a little excessive but tolerable. We are currently looking for another one for my wife.

Fun driving this powerful monster...
By AJ on 02/15/09 18:09 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am still driving this '07 RAV4 V6 2WD. Have no problems except the stereo needed to be replaced once due to manufacturing defect. This is a sweet buy for a 3.5L engine and its HP. I wish the braking system was a little better given the car's engine power, but not of big concern. I love it every time I jump in for a drive. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for power and reliability in affordable price. Agree, looks could have been made a little better, hope Toyota comes up with new looks for this powerful monster in future.

Love my RAV4!
By bright_eyes on 01/19/09 15:34 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My RAV4 is so fun to drive. It has enough oomph getting on freeway ramps even with the four-cylinder model. I've had great mileage; 22 in town and 27 on the highway. Of course, anything has to be better than the 1997 Mercury Mountaineer I had before. :-) Even with FWD, living in the snowy Midwest, although it's a little squirrelly, I've been able to get around just fine.

Great car
By Angela on 01/09/09 07:50 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

V6 gets 29 mpg on hwy - fantastic! Gets less than 20 in city traffic. Doesn't live up to the 22 mpg city listed, and I drive like a grandma. Nice upgraded stereo sound, but I'm on my 3rd unit - it has a known defect/short that JBL can't seem to fix. I'm hoping 3 is a charm. A very comfortable, powerful car. Bluetooth option is nice for hands free cell phone use.

Love My Rav
By valerie bilodeau on 01/07/09 17:43 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Rav for 1 yr 5 months. I have no regrets. The reliability factor is a solid 10. It handles the road very well in all types of weather. I have noticed better gas mileage within the last 7-8 months. It is easy to drive. I love the amount of room I have for storage in the back. The glove box is quite roomy also.

Pleasant, Reliable SUV
By Paul on 12/22/08 05:22 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Tried out a Honda CR-V before purchasing this one, but didn't care for the interior (especially the door handles), and the RAV-4 got better mileage. Didn't go with all the options, although I couldn't find one without tinted windows, luggage cover, and 6-disc CD player; I refused to buy it and pay for all those unnecessary items.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.