Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 253 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

My RAV
By randgard

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great Toyota. Very functional and perfomance is super and gets 23 mpg. nothing but oil changes first 18000 miles. Very good quality for the price.

Performance.

Put spare underneath.

Speedy
By HD Rider

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car for my wife. We wanted a safe, reliable vehicle. I believe we got one. We looked at all of the different competitors in this class and far and away liked the RAV4 best. This car has a lot of get-up-and-go! I wanted to get it before Toyota realized they gave this thing too much power. If you look at the power/weight ratio, it beats most everything but a ‘Vette. I will say the accelerator is very touchy taking off. It slings your head back and you have to consciously step on the gas pedal softly.

The power!

Fix that touchy gas pedal.

New RAV4 owner
By Ming

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very impressed with the V6 engine. This thing just takes off! I love the looks of it. Of course there are a few things here and there that can be a bit better, but overall, I love this SUV more and more everyday! I just sat in an 07 4Runner today, I swear the RAV4 has more rear legroom than the 4Runner!

Exterior looks, V6 engine, MP3 capability, spacious interior, little gadgets here and there.

Side-opening gate, better interior (kinda cheap).

Great SUV!
By Bob S., Reno,NV

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned various 4WD SUVs since 1990 and to date this is the best overall. Fit and finish is outstanding, great ride, a real fun vehicle to drive. We looked at the 2007 Santa Fe and 2007 CR-V and the RAV4 wins on all most all features. The jury is still out on the 4WD.. Need to drive in some Sierra snow. We lived in Western New York State for 35 years, we still value 4WD.

Power and quiet of V6, fuel economy, JBL audio system, ease of entry and exit, Bluetooth, heated leather seating, the amount of available storeage, fold flat rear seats and size of rear cargo area.

Top hinged rear door with flipper glass, WeatherTech floor and cargo mats should be standard, add HomeLink, satellite radio, trip/maintenance computer and digital compass should all be standard features on the Limited.

I love it!
By Alex

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second car, first new one, and I thought it would best meet my needs coming off owning a 96 S10 light pickup. I also drove a Mazda CX-7, Honda CR-V, and Mitsubishi Outlander during testing. The Outlander and CX-7 didn't have the stuff I wanted at the price I was looking for, and the CR-V just wasn't as nice (interior, exterior, or driving experience). I got absolutely the most base setup I could, and I love the features. Granted, my last car set the bar low, but the power is just fine for me, and I got 24 mpg for the first 400 miles, running AC the whole time and not exactly accelerating gently.

Great steering, logical controls, smooth ride, tons of room (I'm 6'00", have no space issues). For what I paid, the luxury level inside is very high, lots of little touches that add to my comfort.

Engine noise is a little pronounced at highway speeds, lumbar support adjustment would be very nice.