Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Very Happy w/black RAV4 Limited!
By John

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's mainly for my wife, who loves it! We wanted at least one vehicle w/AWD for bad weather. For the money, we feel we have a lot of options and quality... tinted windows, fog lights, dual air, all the latest safety from airbags to traction control, controls on the wheel, iPod connection, power sunroof, etc. It looks great and the interior feels good, Toyota got it right with this model.

Quality stereo, no need to modify it! Traction control/ABS/AWD. 4cyl has plenty of power. Storage. Looks great. Maneuvers well, fun to drive. Although not a big vehicle, the interior feels spacious. The thick leather steering wheel feels great. Knowing we have Toyota's reliability and quality.

1. Disappointed w/21 MPG hopefully it will improve as vehicle breaks in. 2. The driver's door rubs against my left leg. 3. Bumps are rough, I think it's mainly due to the short wheel base. 4. Relocate the spare and make the rear door overhead (heavy). 5. Needs compass.

Great Car to Have and to Hold.
By Ms Cherry

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car for my dog, but I fell in love with it after the first month. I get so many compliments in parking lots. It really drives like a car. Before purchasing this car I test drove a Suzuki, a CR-V, and a BMW X3. I decided to go with this car because it does not drive like a truck, it's very smooth and quiet, and because has good fuel efficiency.

Smooth ride, fuel efficiency, compartments.

Blind spot from side airbags.

Not a great SUV as first thought
By nitkad

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Frankly, I got fooled by my purchase. I realised after the purchase that I have bought a low end SUV even though it costs more. I used to own a camry and I thought that as Rav4 is little expensive it will be better comfort wise. But that is not true. It feels like you are driving Corolla. No power (4 cyl). Lot of external noise. Lot of shocks. So, basically it is not a smooth as Camry. I got a factory installed remote start which stinks. My problem might be that I was thinking it will be similar or better than Camry but it is absolutely not the case.

Exterior.

Smooth ride. Better stereo. Comfortable seats (after a 40 mile drive, my back started to hurt).

Cute and Sporty
By Janet

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove the Honda CR-V, Subaru Forester, Subaru Outback, Saturn Vue, and the Hyundai Tucson. I decided on the RAV because of Toyota reliability and the fact that it's so cute! I have the light blue metallic. Sharp! I am coming from driving a Ford Explorer for 10 years, and loved it. It had all the bells and whistles, but fuel economy prevailed and I finally traded it in with 125,000 miles on it. The RAV is fun to drive and my big teenage boys say the back seat is roomier and more comfy than the Explorer. Love the MP3 hookup and the rear door doesn't bother me. I really wish the driver seat had more adjustment features. We are getting about 23 mpg. Not bad. Have to break it in more.

Fun to drive and smooth. Quiet engine with a lot of pep for a 4 cyl. Love the adjustable back seats. Mileage pretty good, but should get better with use. Get compliments on how nice the car looks. Went on vacation this week and it held my big boys comfortably and loads of beach stuff, too.

Really wish front seat adjusted more. Would like it to raise up in front a bit. Cup holder in front works better if you take the rubber thing and put it on top of the funny little plastic thing. Could use a better stereo system.

New RAV4 Owner
By jim

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove many of the small and medium SUVs before choosing the toyota. Hands down the most bang for the buck.

Interior ergonomics, exterior design, features for the price, solid feel of a SUVs costing twice as much.

5 spd auto for the 4 cylinder.