Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Rav4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

I love it!
By Alex

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second car, first new one, and I thought it would best meet my needs coming off owning a 96 S10 light pickup. I also drove a Mazda CX-7, Honda CR-V, and Mitsubishi Outlander during testing. The Outlander and CX-7 didn't have the stuff I wanted at the price I was looking for, and the CR-V just wasn't as nice (interior, exterior, or driving experience). I got absolutely the most base setup I could, and I love the features. Granted, my last car set the bar low, but the power is just fine for me, and I got 24 mpg for the first 400 miles, running AC the whole time and not exactly accelerating gently.

Favorite Features

Great steering, logical controls, smooth ride, tons of room (I'm 6'00", have no space issues). For what I paid, the luxury level inside is very high, lots of little touches that add to my comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Engine noise is a little pronounced at highway speeds, lumbar support adjustment would be very nice.

5000 mile review
By Jon from Jersey

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Sport 3.5 liter V6 4wd in April and enjoyed my first 5000 miles. The six cylinder feels powerful and propels 4 people up steep hills and highway on ramps with astonishing acceleration. The sport tuned suspension provides a firm ride which minimizes body roll when you push it into the curves. Interior is comfortable for 4, a bit snug for 5 although rear leg room is plentiful for my 6 foot teenager. The front seat is comfortable for me - I am 5'10, with a cranky back. We recently went on family camping trip and with a roof carrier had no problem carrying everything. Only two beefs: the gas tank of 14 gallons is too small - 300 mi. before you get nervous, and the radio stinks.

Favorite Features

Handling and acceleration are excellent for a small SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger gas tank - better radio, more powerful AC (seems like it is maxing out capacity at 95 degrees F).

I love my RAV4!
By Christine

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone! I test drove the Honda CR-V first and it was nice, but too small for me. I test drove the RAV4 and it was PERFECT!

Favorite Features

The amount of room inside - very spacious and it is very comfortable! I also love the power the V6 has and the 6 disc CD player. The design is nice too. It is bigger than the older RAV4s.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of :0)

Very Happy w/black RAV4 Limited!
By John

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's mainly for my wife, who loves it! We wanted at least one vehicle w/AWD for bad weather. For the money, we feel we have a lot of options and quality... tinted windows, fog lights, dual air, all the latest safety from airbags to traction control, controls on the wheel, iPod connection, power sunroof, etc. It looks great and the interior feels good, Toyota got it right with this model.

Favorite Features

Quality stereo, no need to modify it! Traction control/ABS/AWD. 4cyl has plenty of power. Storage. Looks great. Maneuvers well, fun to drive. Although not a big vehicle, the interior feels spacious. The thick leather steering wheel feels great. Knowing we have Toyota's reliability and quality.

Suggested Improvements

1. Disappointed w/21 MPG hopefully it will improve as vehicle breaks in. 2. The driver's door rubs against my left leg. 3. Bumps are rough, I think it's mainly due to the short wheel base. 4. Relocate the spare and make the rear door overhead (heavy). 5. Needs compass.

Great Car to Have and to Hold.
By Ms Cherry

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car for my dog, but I fell in love with it after the first month. I get so many compliments in parking lots. It really drives like a car. Before purchasing this car I test drove a Suzuki, a CR-V, and a BMW X3. I decided to go with this car because it does not drive like a truck, it's very smooth and quiet, and because has good fuel efficiency.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, fuel efficiency, compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spot from side airbags.