Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

New RAV4 owner
By Ming

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very impressed with the V6 engine. This thing just takes off! I love the looks of it. Of course there are a few things here and there that can be a bit better, but overall, I love this SUV more and more everyday! I just sat in an 07 4Runner today, I swear the RAV4 has more rear legroom than the 4Runner!

Exterior looks, V6 engine, MP3 capability, spacious interior, little gadgets here and there.

Side-opening gate, better interior (kinda cheap).

Great SUV!
By Bob S., Reno,NV

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned various 4WD SUVs since 1990 and to date this is the best overall. Fit and finish is outstanding, great ride, a real fun vehicle to drive. We looked at the 2007 Santa Fe and 2007 CR-V and the RAV4 wins on all most all features. The jury is still out on the 4WD.. Need to drive in some Sierra snow. We lived in Western New York State for 35 years, we still value 4WD.

Power and quiet of V6, fuel economy, JBL audio system, ease of entry and exit, Bluetooth, heated leather seating, the amount of available storeage, fold flat rear seats and size of rear cargo area.

Top hinged rear door with flipper glass, WeatherTech floor and cargo mats should be standard, add HomeLink, satellite radio, trip/maintenance computer and digital compass should all be standard features on the Limited.

I love it!
By Alex

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second car, first new one, and I thought it would best meet my needs coming off owning a 96 S10 light pickup. I also drove a Mazda CX-7, Honda CR-V, and Mitsubishi Outlander during testing. The Outlander and CX-7 didn't have the stuff I wanted at the price I was looking for, and the CR-V just wasn't as nice (interior, exterior, or driving experience). I got absolutely the most base setup I could, and I love the features. Granted, my last car set the bar low, but the power is just fine for me, and I got 24 mpg for the first 400 miles, running AC the whole time and not exactly accelerating gently.

Great steering, logical controls, smooth ride, tons of room (I'm 6'00", have no space issues). For what I paid, the luxury level inside is very high, lots of little touches that add to my comfort.

Engine noise is a little pronounced at highway speeds, lumbar support adjustment would be very nice.

5000 mile review
By Jon from Jersey

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Sport 3.5 liter V6 4wd in April and enjoyed my first 5000 miles. The six cylinder feels powerful and propels 4 people up steep hills and highway on ramps with astonishing acceleration. The sport tuned suspension provides a firm ride which minimizes body roll when you push it into the curves. Interior is comfortable for 4, a bit snug for 5 although rear leg room is plentiful for my 6 foot teenager. The front seat is comfortable for me - I am 5'10, with a cranky back. We recently went on family camping trip and with a roof carrier had no problem carrying everything. Only two beefs: the gas tank of 14 gallons is too small - 300 mi. before you get nervous, and the radio stinks.

Handling and acceleration are excellent for a small SUV.

Bigger gas tank - better radio, more powerful AC (seems like it is maxing out capacity at 95 degrees F).

I love my RAV4!
By Christine

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone! I test drove the Honda CR-V first and it was nice, but too small for me. I test drove the RAV4 and it was PERFECT!

The amount of room inside - very spacious and it is very comfortable! I also love the power the V6 has and the 6 disc CD player. The design is nice too. It is bigger than the older RAV4s.

None that I can think of :0)