2007 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Could be a bit more stout
By Pretty Good on 12/20/06 08:57 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the 4 cylinder version in January 2006. No complaints on motor. Interior is very spacious for this class. Two weaknesses stand out: 1) the interior rattles from more than one location, and I can't locate or stop all the rattles. Not good for a Toyota, frankly. 2) Less importantly, the center-console cupholders are very poorly designed. Prepare for spilled drinks because the pressure-tabs are useless for holding anything less than jumbo cups. Overall the vehicle is well worth the price. I like the 4 cylinder version (with no 3rd seat) for teenage drivers for safety considerations, and the rear-door spare too.

Can embarras some coupes.
By Winston Ferolin on 12/16/06 14:42 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The RAV 4 V6 is a pocket rocket. Its power is so tempting to use everytime. I can stand my own even against some coupes.

07 RAV4 Ltd V6 4wd is sweet
By Philly Rav4 on 12/15/06 10:40 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The V6 RAV4 is outrageous. Power is addictive. Size is perfect. Safety features of a Lexus. Good mileage for an SUV 24+.

Beats the others
By Safetymel on 12/13/06 09:51 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We drove the CX-7 - Sluggish turbo engine, the Santafe - no towing package and very heavy, the CRX - overall yuck. The RAV4 beats them all hands down, gets good mileage, doesn't have a turbo to break, runs on regular gas, has a decent towing cap for the size, and just runs great. This is the best deal.

New Rav4
By Patrick Eaton-Robb on 12/13/06 08:25 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

With two kids, we love the optional third-row of seats. It allows us to take an extra kid or two to hockey practice, soccer..etc. There is a surprising amount of room left for storage with the third seat up. Though I wouldn't reccomend that row for anyone but children, because it leaves no leg room. With the seat down, there is a lot of storage in the back. Again, we are hockey parents, so that is a huge plus. The milage has been great, about 27 mpg, mostly highway driving. And I love, the audio jack for the MP3 player. The stability control is great, and it has downhill assist, which should come in handy in the snow this winter.

Fast Rav4
By cjd2966 on 12/12/06 12:48 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fast little crossover with loads of power. Sport handling is excellent with firm ride and tire grip. Good amount of storage and great flip seats. Perfect for us and our dogs.

I love the RAV4!!
By Michele on 12/11/06 23:35 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had this car for less than a month and I have to say that I just love to drive it! For a 4 cyl. this car can move through traffic and has great acceleration onto the freeway ramps. It looks beautiful from the inside and out with lots of room in the cargo.

Love It!!!!!!!
By Julie220 on 12/10/06 20:10 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had my Rav for 3 days now but I absolutely love it! Mine is Black with light gray(ash)interior. I can't get over the fact that only being able to afford the base model isnt a sacrifice.There are so many features that come standard its unreal.Fuel economy is remarkable! I've put 173 miles on it so far and I just hit a half a tank. I've been driving it all weekend getting to know it. The Rav 4 is fun to drive and handles beautifully.There is plenty of cargo space and with the seats down its perfect for my 3 huge dogs. The only thing I dont like is having a car payment again. I love the looks it gets too when driving down the street. Go buy one, you'll love it!

A Bad Boy looking to get unleashed
By daifaylow on 12/10/06 18:36 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I took delivery of my RAV4 Sport V6 on the first day it snowed in Vancouver, Canada (usually we don't get snow)so my new baby was parked in garage until the snow melted a week later...paranoid of lousy drivers in Vanc. First impression when I finally was able to drive it, WOW!!! This is one bad a$$ puppy that loves to go fast. I feel the V6 engine is constantly looking to go faster and unleash its' potential. Flint Mica colour and black interior is HOT!! Have not accelerated hard yet so torque steer not evident. Handling in snow was accurate and precise. Visibility excellent even with wheel on rear door. Ample legroom in rear seats when reclined. Avg 15L/100km so far before break in.

Almost Perfect
By Bill on 12/09/06 18:05 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a rare and wonderful thing to find a small SUV being "over-engined", but this thing fits the bill. And to pay almost no penalty at the gas pump is icing on the cake. It has a few quirks, but every dip into that lovely V6 and 5 speed automatic manages to temporarily erase them. The most annoying thing so far was the typical current Toyota trend of having no choice of options: ALL V6 Sport AWD models in our 4 state area come optioned exactly the same way...Period. Other than that, the car has excellent chassis dynamics, a truly superior drivetrain, good highway stability, and it's fairly quiet to boot. Almost perfect for it's intended market. Front seat travel sacrificed for rear room.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.