2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Fun to Drive with reservations
By momof4 on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good: Many trips with family and dog via 3rd row seating. Love the V6. Has great pull into traffic. Lots of room, especially in the cargo. 61k miles in 4 years. Great little basic car. Runs smoothly and well. My paint/finish is holding up well. Negative: Replaced Driving Shaft @dealer =$500. Broken Joint on shaft. Should have a recall on that since it seems to be common that should not happen on a car this new. Interior does seem kind of loud and seats are basic. Don't like the floor mats.(hard to clean) Needs stronger front bumper. Wheel wells also rusting out, would like better coverage on the hubcaps.

Really great SUV
By mac12618 on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Rav4 and i love the way this suv drives and handles. A very nice quiet comfortable ride and great handling. The V6 engine in this vehicle is silky smooth and is very powerful and refined. Love that V6 ! owned a 2007 CR-V but Toyota has a much better SUV. My rav4 has 140,000 km (90 000 mi) and still looks and drives like new !

Paint chipping since day of purchase
By Kiki on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have always wanted a toyota and this was my 1st experience. Love all features except the 4WD feature auto turns off once you hit 25 mph. Biggest concern is paint chipping off the hood. Looks like air bubbles that have popped. 1st noticed within 30 days brought back to dealer and all they said was go to a body shop not their problem. Never had this with any other vehicle I have owned. The pain on bumper is fine but now their are pinholes showing rust all over the hood and chips the size of pencil tops . Car has less than 40K miles on it and is rarely driven on dirt/gravel roads. Who can i contact to address this issue, it is obviously a mfg defect.

Love my RAV4
By Nelson on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my RAV4. Comfortable to drive on long trips, loads of room, 45,000 miles and no problems. This is my 2nd RAV4. First one was a 1999,loved it too. When it came time for a new vehicle, I got the new car bug, couldn't wait to buy the newer model, 2007, much quieter ride and larger. Plenty of room for the kids.

Bad Trans/Differential
By Charles on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

These SUVs develop an annoying differential whine at about 40 MPH and up. There is a Service Bulletin #TSB- 0192-10 that addresses the problem. Problem is it simply tries to cover up the problem by dampening the noise - hoping the owner will go away. Also the engine has to be pulled to simply replace a water pump. The Service manual also states that the engine needs to be removed for spark plug replacement. It could really get expensive to own this vehicle for the long term.

What 2 Do
By clc on 08/31/10 18:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Juzt bought a used rav4 2007 @ 37,000 paying about 18,000 for it and at 4th day literally it did not want to start for me as I left my night job. Did the same thing in the morning and I'm not sure what to do. Love the look and the way it drives but I'm not a hard core driver and do not travel anywhere far. Did I get jipped and bought a lemon or should I continue to give this car a try.

Transmission Whine 40-60 MPH
By Charles on 08/30/10 14:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Transmission developed an irritating whine from 40 to 60 mph. This problem seems to be wide spread and Toyota does not seem to be addressing it. The whine definitely overshadows the good points of the SUV. Just another instance of Toyota stonewalling buyers.

Engine Whine Noise
By Les on 08/09/10 19:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

RAV4 has good features but the engine whine noise starting at 40 mph detracts from all of the positive features. Of course the service department has indicated that there is no technical notice from Toyota regarding this problem. I prefer the quality of our 1994 Highlander.

RAV4 Great! until water pump problem
By Alex on 07/02/10 09:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The RAV4 is exceptional in handling and driving, I love it! CAUTION: One major downfall, I have to replace the water pump. Well in order to have the water pump replaced the engine has to be taken out, 14.5 hours of labor! The service guy quoted 14.5 hours labor! That totally crushed my opinion about the RAV4, it's bad for the engineers/designer to place the water pump where the engine has to be removed to replace a simple device such as the water pump.

Beware of the RAV4
By arobinson on 06/30/10 02:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Problems: Water pump, head gasket blew because we did not replace water pump fast enough and engine has aluminum which warps in high temp. Transmission gasket replaced. Alternator replaced. Clicking in steering wheel. Luckily my brother-in-law is a mechanic saved us $1000's but we have still dumped about $3000 into fixing this car because I drove too much (ALL HWY driving) and nothing went wrong until after warranty expired. Glad I am not the only one with a LEMON RAV4, but sad at Toyota's lack of quality. 1st Toyota and probably last due to this money pit. At 109,000 miles and going to dump it and take my losses.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.