2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Love my RAV4
By Nelson on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my RAV4. Comfortable to drive on long trips, loads of room, 45,000 miles and no problems. This is my 2nd RAV4. First one was a 1999,loved it too. When it came time for a new vehicle, I got the new car bug, couldn't wait to buy the newer model, 2007, much quieter ride and larger. Plenty of room for the kids.

Beware of the RAV4
By arobinson on 06/30/10 02:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Problems: Water pump, head gasket blew because we did not replace water pump fast enough and engine has aluminum which warps in high temp. Transmission gasket replaced. Alternator replaced. Clicking in steering wheel. Luckily my brother-in-law is a mechanic saved us $1000's but we have still dumped about $3000 into fixing this car because I drove too much (ALL HWY driving) and nothing went wrong until after warranty expired. Glad I am not the only one with a LEMON RAV4, but sad at Toyota's lack of quality. 1st Toyota and probably last due to this money pit. At 109,000 miles and going to dump it and take my losses.

Love my RAV4!
By bright_eyes on 01/19/09 15:34 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My RAV4 is so fun to drive. It has enough oomph getting on freeway ramps even with the four-cylinder model. I've had great mileage; 22 in town and 27 on the highway. Of course, anything has to be better than the 1997 Mercury Mountaineer I had before. :-) Even with FWD, living in the snowy Midwest, although it's a little squirrelly, I've been able to get around just fine.

Great Value and Reliability
By kenbowls on 04/03/08 05:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the RAV4 for about 18 months and no problems. A real value and very reliable. MPG, about 23 in town and 28-30 on the highway. Plenty of room and comfort, with plenty of headroom and very little wind and road noise. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power and did not need speeding tickets with the V6 engine. I have a new 2008 Highlander and I call the RAV4 my baby Highlander. Very hard to find fault with.

A REAL VALUE, 4 CYLINDER
By KEN on 07/27/07 11:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A real value, great ride, comfort,econony. Had only problem with radio and fixed at dealership, first time.

2007 Toyota RAV4
By 2007 Toyota RAV4 on 07/11/07 11:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The first things that appealed to me were the styling and pricing for the Limited. At first glance, the interior looks well-designed and human-factored. It is overly plastic though, and that detracts greatly from the quality one would expect in a Toyota product. This RAV provides a great ride and good handling. At the bottom of the list of features, and this comes at a bad time, is gas mileage. I'm getting right at 20 mpg with a four cyl. engine around town. Six bangers can do much better than that!

RAV4 after one year
By carguy on 05/24/07 07:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Audible beeps when merely locking/unlocking doors is EXTREMELY annoying. It sounds like car thief alarm. Gas mileage is horrible, not even getting the minimum. No leg room for driver (I'm 6'1") with the electronic seat.

Great Mid Size SUV
By Hampton on 04/04/07 08:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Been a Honda dude for the past 12 years, but I traded my Odyssey in on the Rav4 mainly for an increase in MPG. We drive around 36000 miles per year and the hope of 30 MPG sounded great. We averaged 20 MPG in the Odyssey and in the first 1500 miles we are averaging 25.5 mpg with the Rav4 in evenly mixed city/hwy driving. We test drove the Mitsubishi Outlander, Honda CR-V and Jeep Liberty, but the Rav4 beat them all. The Outlander was our second choice, a close second choice.

Almost a Lexus!
By Ernst Bakerquist on 02/23/07 11:06 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I researched the 2007 RAV4, the Honda CR-V, and the Mazda CX7 before selecting the RAV4. The ride is very comfortable. Steering is precise and effortless, although being FWD, there's always a slight tendency for oversteer. Still, it's far less than the 2002 Mazda Tribute it replaced. Wind/road noise is nicely muted, even with the sunroof in tilt-up mode. Fully open, and with no deflector, it's still not so loud as to bother me. The controls and gauges are easy to reach and see. The daytime running lights...a $40 option...are a joy. Fit and finish are generally very good to excellent; nothing feels "cheap". I got a "Champagne" colored vehicle with the ersatz wood grain trim; it looks great.

Texan loves her RAV4!
By Helen on 01/08/07 08:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2007 RAV4 Limited for a little over 7 weeks and truly love it! Enjoy driving it. I was hesitant about purchasing a 4 cyl SUV after owning a V6 mustang, but it has great get up and go on the freeways and great handling. I feel safe and secure behind the wheel and the visibility is fabulous. Even my husband loves it. Toyota has made a superior and sporty looking SUV.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.