Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Love my RAV4
By Nelson

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my RAV4. Comfortable to drive on long trips, loads of room, 45,000 miles and no problems. This is my 2nd RAV4. First one was a 1999,loved it too. When it came time for a new vehicle, I got the new car bug, couldn't wait to buy the newer model, 2007, much quieter ride and larger. Plenty of room for the kids.

I have the limited and love my moon roof, stereo and all the extras. Love the side opening back hatch. Can't understand why some complain about it. Full size spare tire is a must. I don't even mind the spare on the back. Easy for me to get to if needed.

Noticed some bolts that are rusting in the wheel well. Very disappointed in that! Wind noise with the moon roof. Why can't they design something to make it easier to enjoy it and quite the noise? (Still love having it) Would like more options for interior colors, not a fan of all the light colors.

Beware of the RAV4
By arobinson

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Problems: Water pump, head gasket blew because we did not replace water pump fast enough and engine has aluminum which warps in high temp. Transmission gasket replaced. Alternator replaced. Clicking in steering wheel. Luckily my brother-in-law is a mechanic saved us $1000's but we have still dumped about $3000 into fixing this car because I drove too much (ALL HWY driving) and nothing went wrong until after warranty expired. Glad I am not the only one with a LEMON RAV4, but sad at Toyota's lack of quality. 1st Toyota and probably last due to this money pit. At 109,000 miles and going to dump it and take my losses.

comfortable seats, ease of seat reclining in the back

Craftsmanship, and if the stupid things broke (which obviously a lot are) fix them and be the quality company you claim to be.

Love my RAV4!
By bright_eyes

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My RAV4 is so fun to drive. It has enough oomph getting on freeway ramps even with the four-cylinder model. I've had great mileage; 22 in town and 27 on the highway. Of course, anything has to be better than the 1997 Mercury Mountaineer I had before. :-) Even with FWD, living in the snowy Midwest, although it's a little squirrelly, I've been able to get around just fine.

Comfortable driver's seat, steering, plenty of room for large dog and/or crate in back w/o the back seats folded down and room for work supplies in the back cargo area under the very back. Huge plus: engine heats up quickly in winter so there is heat and no steamed up windows. Plenty of headroom.

Wish the upholstery was a little nicer. The following are minor annoyances: cup holders cannot hold containers larger than a smaller water bottle and the sound system could be a little nicer.

Great Value and Reliability
By kenbowls

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the RAV4 for about 18 months and no problems. A real value and very reliable. MPG, about 23 in town and 28-30 on the highway. Plenty of room and comfort, with plenty of headroom and very little wind and road noise. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power and did not need speeding tickets with the V6 engine. I have a new 2008 Highlander and I call the RAV4 my baby Highlander. Very hard to find fault with.

Size and comfort and ride.

Maybe a better sound system on the radio.

A REAL VALUE, 4 CYLINDER
By KEN

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A real value, great ride, comfort,econony. Had only problem with radio and fixed at dealership, first time.

Styling great, rear seat fold down, great. Plenty of room for 4-5 and room in back for golf clubs, several.

Just location of spare tire.