Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

I Love This Car!
By kimsthe1

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after visiting the dealership 3 times. After test driving the Nissan Rogue, Honda CVR, Mazda3 & 2008 Highlander, I decided this was the best choice for me, my 1st Toyota! I've owned 3 Mazdas, 1 Nissan, 1 BMW, 1 MBZ, 1 Subaru (I know, I'm a car junkie!). I am also very impressed with Toyota's track record & the fact that my car is 100% Japanese. I have owned it all of 24 hrs and have no regrets. The gas mileage seems ok so far, the car is cute as a button. Drives with a touch of sport suspension. Seats are fine with me so far, no long distance drives yet. I am very happy with my purchase!

Favorite Features

The sporty suspension, black interior, rear door is cool to me, upgraded stereo rocks! Cup holders are sturdy, my kids dig the reclining rear seats! I need to hook up the Bluetooth and get a plug for my iPod. I love it all so far!

Suggested Improvements

Was told by the finance department that the Silver color still oxidizes. I thought after all these years that oxidation would no longer be an issue. Otherwise, can't think of any suggestions at this time.

Great SUV value
By jazzydev

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this RAV after owning a 1998 RAV. So the difference is quite noticeable. This is my daily driver, so I needed 4WD and wanted good/decent gas mileage. The cabin is much larger, both with leg room and shoulder room. Love the look of the Sport (I think it handles tighter with the larger wheels). Gas is about 25 mpg with 80/20 highway/local driving. The road noise is considerably less. The back seat area is spacious, even if you're 6'2". The 4 cylinder has a nice punch, its not a 6 cyl, but off the line is good with just me in the car. When I test drove the sales guys said that the 6 is too much. Test drove CRV and 07 highlander-liked the RAV better.

Favorite Features

Design, 18" wheels, fog lights, fold-down seating, price, middle arm rest, storage space, mp3 connection w/power, outside thermometer, stock radio surprisingly kicks!

Suggested Improvements

Only minor stuff here. The glare from moonroof on radio display, probably the most negative here, add a compass for direction, steering wheel adjustment up and down not just in and out, include rubber cargo mat for the storage, raise and lower glass in hatch and change hatch door to swing up.

Best small SUV
By Love my RAV4

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota. I love it so far. Been in Hyundais since 1990. This is definitely a SERIOUS step up. Much better quality, reliability, styling, MPG. Hope to drive the wheels off the thing. I usually keep vehicles for at least 10 years, so this one should be around for awhile.

Favorite Features

Styling, ergonomics, features, all the little things that you never knew you needed (like the extensions in the visors).

Suggested Improvements

The ability to custom order would be nice.

Loving my Toyota
By lovemytoyota

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love everything about my RAV4 I bought it in Feb. I find myself driving for no reason these days just to be in my car. I got the barcellonic red so when I am out I notice people looking at my RAV. It is also roomy and comfy my backseats are even bigger then that of a friends grand cherokee.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, side opening rear door, iPod connection.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a hybrid in the future could be a little better on gas although it does okay.

All around one car to have
By mkedcd

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The one vehicle to have for practicality. Lots of interior room, fairly economical, and more refinement than CRV. Performance of the Toyota four puts my old Chrysler six to shame.

Favorite Features

Exterior build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Weight saving interior pieces are a little un-Toyota like, dash vents make noise when cold out.