Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 253 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Don't fall for Toyota reputation- it's garbage
By Onlybuyinghonda

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I don't even know where to begin. We are in a time crunch and needed to buy a car and we had always heard that Toyotas were very reliable and dependable. We are loyal Honda owners however we figured we'd give a Toyota a chance. We bought a used 2007 RAV4 with clean car fax from a reputable dealer and low miles (72k, which for a nine-year-old car is great). The dealership had changed the oil and done a complete tuneup before selling the car to us, however we had the oil change just 3000 miles later after we bought it and the person changing our oil said he couldn't believe the car was still functioning because there was almost no oil left. This is a consistent problem with Toyotas. We also had issues with the engine making noises and check engine light coming on sporadically. The car would shake and rattle and we had to have the oil changed four times in the less than six months we owned it. The worst part was when the air conditioner died and all of the coolant was leaking out through the front onto the driver and passenger's feet!! The car would shake and rattle and we had to have the oil changed four times in the less than six months me owned it. The worst part was when the air conditioner died and all of the coolant was leaking out through the front onto the driver and passenger side's feet! Worst money we ever spent. If you're considering buying a used RAV4, please look into the fact that this year had over 12 recalls alone. There are known issues and the dealerships and Toyota are not good at taking care of these issues. They tried to put a Band-Aid on them and people like me suffer. I shouldn't have needed to buy a new car six months after owning this one. It is such a shame. From now on I am only buying Honda. For those of you thinking about this model please run don't walk. Look for a 2001 or 2002 Honda CRV. Much more reliable or you could get a Honda element which is even larger interior space and much more dependable.

RAV4 V6 Review
By Victor Baird

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The V6 engine is very fast. Watch out for the touchy gas pedal.

My first Car
By mary kate smith

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2007 RAV4 was the first car I ever owned! And I loved it, I'm sad to say that I totaled it after three years. I never had any problems with it at all, I put one set of new tires on it and had oil changes and that was it. Comfortable, spacious, good turn radius, decent gas milage and cute. Just don't t-bone a blue mustang and it should last you a really long time like most toyotas.

Quick Get-away
By Harold Powers

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Car, very good performance and acceleration.

Old Friend
By Sara

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Original owner, 204K miles. Have a V-6, Limited -- which is the same engine they are putting in Highlanders now, I believe. I did have to replace the charcoal canister last year ($1200) but otherwise have only changed oil, tires, and battery. My mechanic thinks it will go another $100K miles. At almost 9 years old now, this car has exceeded every expectation I have for it, and probably will cause everything I own after it to not live up to expectations. I have done everything in this car. My kids have grown up in this car. If I had kids of driving age, I would make them drive this car. Best car purchase I have ever made.