2007 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Excessive Oil Consumption
By ravnmad on 11/08/12 07:52 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2007 RAV4 ran dry on oil at 96,000 miles. Always maintained in a reasonable manner. Dealer and manufacturer refused to help offset repair cost that included replacing the 2.4 AZ-FE engine. There is a technical service bulletin addressing the design flaw of the 2AZ-FE engine, specifically related to the piston and ring assembly (TSB-0094-11). Reall list for this RAV4 includes intermediate shaft in steering column, Faulty air bag sensor, Rear lower control arm failure, unexpected acceleration and power widow switch fire hazzard to name a few. This list doesn't include the many TSB's affecting quality, namely the excesive oil consumption bulletin.

Blown up rav4 @ 90K - Not recommended
By nomorerav on 10/19/12 10:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just paid off my 2007 rav4 when it blow a motor. The water pump is located in the back and it broke. My wife drove it and blow up the motor. 8 grand for a new one. Even if she did not blow it up, the water pump is on the back of the engine. This requires the motor to be pulled to change it out. A $2000 to $3000 job depending on where you get it done. I had electrical problems. Tire wear issues, brake problems. All the senors would randomly go off on it. The Tire pressure senors where always needing replaced. I ended up junking the car, basically threw 20K down the drain. I know 2 other people that have had issues with water pump or rear main seal. And they all had there engines blown.

Big Disappointment
By amy on 06/01/10 09:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Rav 4 has 67000 miles and needs a new short block. The car is using too much oil. Estimated cost of repair is over $5000.00. In addition, the the light on the HV/AC controls need to be replaced. While under warranty we had to have the steering shaft and water pump replaced. I have had great experience with Toyota's in the past. But, this is not acceptable.

Great all around SUV
By Toyota Convert on 11/22/09 18:03 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Drove a new 2010 RAV and decided to save $$$ and buy used since there was no difference in looks. My 2007 RAV (12k miles) like many others had a noise/clicking in the steering wheel when turning. After research I found out about the intermediate steering shaft for which Toyota issued a TSB. Since mine still had the factory warranty (also bought it certified) I took it back to the dealer and it was repaired in a few hours, no questions asked. I signed for the warranty and saw it was 516.00. The car is now 100% to my liking and I enjoy it more every day in every way. Love it - can't go wrong!

Steering Shaft and Rack Problems
By chris on 11/03/09 16:24 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car, until I hit about 50,000 miles, then I noticed a knock in the steering, Total cost of repair on the vehicle will be close to $3000.00. Needs steering shaft and rack. Over 36,000 miles this is not covered and I just turned 52,000. I took it to the dealership complaining of an occasional knock at 20,000 and then again at 30,000 and they could find nothing wrong; they told me to get an alignment, this made it a little better but know it is highly annoying to drive the vehicle. There is a Tech bulletin out there for this problem, too bad they don't recall these parts. With the bad publicity you would think they would rectify this problem. I am not sure I would get another Toyota.

Great except for one thing!
By daf62757 on 09/30/09 08:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is actually my wife's car. I drive it about once or twice a week. The car now has 55K miles and the problems, or complaints that I want to mention are the lack of power when the AC is on, and the knocking that comes from the steering column linkage. The power is expected because it's a 4 cylinder. The linkage problem is a flaw that has received a technical notice, but no recall. Very frustrating that Toyota won't recall this and fix a potentially dangerous problem. Otherwise, a very good car and excellent for your wife to use for work or kid hauling.

Love My Rav
By valerie bilodeau on 01/07/09 17:43 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Rav for 1 yr 5 months. I have no regrets. The reliability factor is a solid 10. It handles the road very well in all types of weather. I have noticed better gas mileage within the last 7-8 months. It is easy to drive. I love the amount of room I have for storage in the back. The glove box is quite roomy also.

Pleasant, Reliable SUV
By Paul on 12/22/08 05:22 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Tried out a Honda CR-V before purchasing this one, but didn't care for the interior (especially the door handles), and the RAV-4 got better mileage. Didn't go with all the options, although I couldn't find one without tinted windows, luggage cover, and 6-disc CD player; I refused to buy it and pay for all those unnecessary items.

2007 RAV4 great review!
By Kirk on 02/02/08 14:06 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I leased the vehicle based on the rating in Consumers Reports where it scored the highest in its classification. After six months I have 3,400 miles on it (my wife's vehicle). I had the oil changed at the dealer we leased from and have absolutely no complaints. Great vehicle. It is the 4 cylinder and we average about 28 MPG on the road and 23MPG in the city. Great mileage for a small SUV. Everything works and no recalls. I am very well satisfied at this point!

Overall I'm happy with it
By Charlotte on 01/18/08 09:53 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota, after many great reviews on them from friends, and so far so good. The ride of the car is a lot smoother than its competitors (Honda CR-V and Jeep). The fuel economy is great, and was a big factor for me. I don't think it's a really sexy car, but for the price point it's a great combination of attractive, reliable, safe and good on fuel considering how spacious. I do think the drivers seat is a little hard, but not too bad.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.