2006 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: T-SB-0094-11 Engine Oil Consum

2006 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

T-SB-0094-11 Engine Oil Consumption Engine Problems Engine Noise
By curramba on

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our Vehicle: RAV4 4-Cyl Limited (As in Limited Quality) Our Dealership: Colonial Toyota of Lincoln RI. This is my wife's daily driver. After 50k miles, the vehicle has the following problem: Technical Service Bulletin (TSP) T-SB-0094-11. About a month ago the engine light came on, after running an oil consumption test on our vehicle, the service manager said that it “only” burned 1 quart of engine oil in 1000 miles, which they said was within specifications. This I do not buy given my 2003 Honda Accord LX with 165,000 miles, had never had engine oil consumption issues. The engine output power seems to be in declined. The engine noise within the cabin is worst than my Accord!

None.

Stand by your products Toyota. Instead of fixing the problem, Toyota is having their service managers mislead their customers. I did not waste my time arguing with them given the fact that our vehicle is out of warranty. I'm upset that we were treated so disrespectfully. No more Toyota for us! By the way the TSP above also address other popular Toyota models like the Camry.