Bad Engine
By Tracy on
2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I was having some issues regarding quality - replaced ECU and water pump and for the last 25,000 miles I've had an oil issue and was told last week that I need a new engine. A new engine with less that 100,000 miles. Don't buy a Toyota.
By squarebomb
on 10/24/12 15:47 PM (PDT)

@luvtoyota10 - Yeah, the Toyotas from 20 years ago are still on the road today because that was when Toyota was still making reliable vehicles. I still have a 99 RAV4 and my brother-in-law has a 97 4Runner that still run great with minimal problems. Our 2006 RAV4 has more problems than all our past Toyotas combined. This car is pathetic.

By luvtoyota10
on 02/26/11 09:25 AM (PST)

Toyotas are the most reliable vehicles on the road. 80% of the toyotas purchased 20 years ago are still on the road today. The issue could be how maintained the engine was.

By mommao
on 08/15/11 12:43 PM (PDT)

I bought my Rav4 because of the supposed great reputation of reliabilty. This was the first brand new vehicle I bought and I maintained it because it cost a lot (to me) and I wanted to pass it down to my daughter. I'm not even done paying it off and guess what...I need a new engine!! NEVER AGAIN will I buy another. Soon after I bought it I wasn't all that impressed with the quality of this vehicle, and it really is not all that great on gas.