It will get you to where you need to go but not much else
By cato1998 on
2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I've owned my RAV 4 for 5 years now and it's the 3rd Toyota I've owned ('91 celica and '00 celica being the others). All my toyotas have been really great on quality. I bought this RAV 4 because of it being more practical than my 2000 toyota celica I traded it in for. The RAV 4 can get me through the midwestern snow storms without much problems (big problem with my celica). It gets great gas milage for a SUV but the RAV 4 is pretty vanilla. Not really exciting to drive. It will get me to where I need to go but that's about it.
Favorite Features
-Great gas milage. I get 22 mpg in town and 28 on the road which isn't bad for a small SUV. -It gets me through the snow drifts in the winter and traction on icy roads. -Quality! The only quality issue I've had in the 5 years I've owned this is the water pump leaking at 34000 miles. Because it was still under the powertrain warranty, it was replaced at no cost. Other than that, I've had no problems with this car.
Suggested Improvements
-Road noise! I have to have the radio up LOUD to hear it over the road noise when cruising at medium or higher speeds. Yes the road noise is that loud! -Cheap interior materials. LOTS of hard cheap plastic! -Hard seats make it uncomfortable for long trips. I put the car on cruise control and stretch out my legs and try and move around in my seat because it gets uncomfortable. -Side opening tailgate. It takes up a lot of room to swing the gate open. If you have cargo that you are trying to haul that is long (such as lumber), you can't extend it out the back because it isn't a hatch back type. Not a very practical design.