Used 2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

OK so far
By scott

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought rav4 for the quality and it's been great in the snow and it did have 29000 when purchased. Few minor things, air pressure warning problems, some brake issues.

Favorite Features

The way it handles in the snow is great.

Reliable
By Ray

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 60k miles and no problems except tires at ~ 25k. Great gas mileage and dependable. Love the v6 power with lot's of pep!

Favorite Features

dependability and spunky engine which has better acceleration than my BMW 330!

Suggested Improvements

I'm 6' tall and could use a few more inches back with the drivers seat for long trips. and the road noise could be better and the tail gate could open both ways for easier access...

T-SB-0094-11 Engine Oil Consumption Engine Problems Engine Noise
By curramba

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our Vehicle: RAV4 4-Cyl Limited (As in Limited Quality) Our Dealership: Colonial Toyota of Lincoln RI. This is my wife's daily driver. After 50k miles, the vehicle has the following problem: Technical Service Bulletin (TSP) T-SB-0094-11. About a month ago the engine light came on, after running an oil consumption test on our vehicle, the service manager said that it “only” burned 1 quart of engine oil in 1000 miles, which they said was within specifications. This I do not buy given my 2003 Honda Accord LX with 165,000 miles, had never had engine oil consumption issues. The engine output power seems to be in declined. The engine noise within the cabin is worst than my Accord!

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Stand by your products Toyota. Instead of fixing the problem, Toyota is having their service managers mislead their customers. I did not waste my time arguing with them given the fact that our vehicle is out of warranty. I'm upset that we were treated so disrespectfully. No more Toyota for us! By the way the TSP above also address other popular Toyota models like the Camry.

impressed
By chandwerk

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have loved driving my 2006 Rav 4 from the day I drove it off the lot! I t has amazing pick up and power..reliability has exceeded my expectations. The dealership played the most important part--outstanding experience in customer service and repair! Thank you Mountain States Toyota In Denver Colorado!

Favorite Features

Great get up and go! Rear door open access! Easy 4 wheel drive...Great paint...Overall reliability!

Suggested Improvements

when rear windows are down a vibration or suction occurs..seats could be more comfortable and are hard to keep clean.

A Tin Can
By adavid

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this RAV last summer and could not believe the road noise it generated on highways. Didn't matter that I replaced all 4 tires...it was still so frustratingly loud, after a long trip, my ears would ring for hours. Later I find out that the sound/vibration barriers are pretty much non-existent in this car. The v6 engine is very jumpy and gas mileage is a joke. Poor build quality is not something I associate Toyota with but in this case... Make sure you take one out on the highway before you buy...you won't believe your ears!!

Favorite Features

Decent looking vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

fix the road noise issue, increase gas mileage, tune down the v6