2006 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
2006 Toyota Rav4
By txbanshee on 10/25/07 15:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great small SUV with lots of power. We drove all the SUVs in this class and none seem to have the power or reliablity that the Rav4 offered. Switching from a honda accord exV6 my wife wanted something with some go. Most of the SUVs just seem to underpowered for long trips.

Great Outdoor/Commuter Vehicle
By Jim Meyer on 10/18/07 10:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to replace my 15-year-old Camry. I like to go on hiking trips, and this thing has the suspension and the room to get me where I want to go. It's also a great commuter car, handles well in traffic, takes potholes with aplomb. No significant problems, great mileage for an SUV. Being tall, I enjoy not having to duck my head when getting in and out. I have driven this car over deeply-rutted, sandy and rocky dirt roads with ease, and have slept in the back during a 3-week camping trip. I was thinking about a pickup truck, but now I really don't think I need one - this car has gotten me to all the trailheads I have wanted to get to. After 27,000 miles I couldn't be more pleased.

Happy With It!
By RI CAROL on 09/14/07 07:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Traded a Highlander for the RAV4. Love the new design and size. Lumbar support is great for driver. The middle bench that slides back/forth is very useful. Storage under the rear storage very useful as well. Happy with my 30 mpg gas mileage.

Disappointed
By welz on 08/30/07 10:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The RAV runs great, but rides like a light little toy, too much road noise, maybe the tires? The hood looks likes it's going to fly off going down the freeway, my front bumper popped out a couple of times, cheap plastic clips that melted in the Arizona sun. The right mirror rattled so much they had to replace the whole assembly. My latest disappointment is that my air compressor just went out! Not a good thing in the middle of summer in AZ.

Oh, what a feeling!
By Gwen on 08/18/07 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had my Rav (4 cyl) for over a year and love everything about it. Bought the base model with extras like all the airbags. Didn't get fancy wheels, but washing the covers is lots easier.It's never been on a trip so I have only gotten about 25 mpg average. Got some bad fuel once and had some acceleration problems, but it wasn't the car's fault. Lots of backseat leg room, very comfortable for passengers. Also like the fact that the front passenger airbag will not come on if the front passenger is too light. Love parking it too, it fits nearly anywhere, even it the large SUV beside you goes over the line, you've still got room.

Not a bad miniSUV
By RJ on 07/30/07 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Despite what people seem to think, the 4-cyl engine is more than adequate around town, and if you put on a set of dedicated snow tires, you won't need AWD (especially with Toyota's traction control). Mileage is in the mid to low 20s in mostly stop and go traffic with the AC going. (One minor gripe is the first 3 fan settings on the AC are fairly weak and while the 4th is decent, it sounds like a jet engine.) Tons of leg room in every seat and the rears recline as well. Plenty of storage room, both in the cubbies and in the "trunk". The rear door can be a bit heavy and hard to open for curb-parking, but the detent holds it well, even on hills.

Joyce and Jim's Rav 4
By Joyce & Jim on 07/24/07 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We were recently in a serious accident on a local freeway in southern California in our RAV4. The car is totaled. We were struck, tipped over and slid across 2 lanes. Because of the safety features of this car we walked away with a few bumps and bruises. We strongly recommend this car and are in the process of buying a new 2007 model.

Had it a year and love it!!
By Carrie in PA on 07/11/07 07:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is fun to drive and when I want to get up and go she just flies. I have recommended a RAV4 to many people and they too have purchased them and loved them just as much. It has a nice turning radius, great on snow and ice, no lagging on hills. It cleans easily with just a wet rag, I did purchase rubber husky mats to preserve the floors (recommended). I average around 25.5 mpg and have gotten as much as 28 mpg on the highway. It is a bit lower in the winter (21-22 mpg) but I figure it is because of the AWD being used. Definitely not complaining there since I want to be safe.

Beats the competition
By Steve on 06/22/07 10:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is fun to drive and has loads of power, almost too much for the front wheel drive when accelerating quickly. The ride is very firm and tight. It is roomier than most of the competition and gets the best gas mileage. I have the Sport V6. I average 23 in town and 27 on the highway. I just returned from a long trip driving it totally loaded with 4 people, luggage, etc., and averaged over 26 mpg. Recommend test driving this vehicle after checking out all the rest.

Pat's review of 2006 RAV4
By Pat in Kentucky on 06/03/07 16:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Estimated gas mileage is not correct. It has lots of road noise. Has been dented very easily in parking lot, the metal is very thin. We bought the base model with mag wheels, black luggage rack, 6 airbags, floor mats and grocery cargo net, we paid for the extras. The spare tire cover faded very quickly and was exchanged for a one time only exchange. This cover has faded again and is purple instead of the midnight blue the real car color. I was told by the dealership there was nothing else that could be done. I am not happy, and I will not purchase another Toyota product. When other people see the purple tire cover they ask questions!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.