Used 2006 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Loved our Rav
By Warren

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our Rav was one of the best cars we've owned and we were so impressed on Toyota that when we needed a larger vehicle we bought a Sienna. The interior was so cool and everything was well placed and plenty of compartments to put stuff. Great car!

The interior, looks, reliability, Ipod connector, gas mileage was good, etc.

2wd Rav does not handle well in the snow, paint quality on the metal wheel rims was peeling and rusting and an intermittent radio problem when it's hot out.

A Tin Can
By adavid

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this RAV last summer and could not believe the road noise it generated on highways. Didn't matter that I replaced all 4 tires...it was still so frustratingly loud, after a long trip, my ears would ring for hours. Later I find out that the sound/vibration barriers are pretty much non-existent in this car. The v6 engine is very jumpy and gas mileage is a joke. Poor build quality is not something I associate Toyota with but in this case... Make sure you take one out on the highway before you buy...you won't believe your ears!!

Decent looking vehicle.

fix the road noise issue, increase gas mileage, tune down the v6

OK so far
By scott

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought rav4 for the quality and it's been great in the snow and it did have 29000 when purchased. Few minor things, air pressure warning problems, some brake issues.

The way it handles in the snow is great.

Liking It
By Bree

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 Ford Explorer that I totaled in a roll over accident & I got the RAV4 to replace it, so far I think it was a great choice! I commute 50 miles to work & it was quite an improvement in fuel efficiency. I live in WI, so I needed something with 4 wheel drive to handle the poor winter driving conditions. After having driven a Ford there is a drastic difference in the design quality of the Toyota- seems to have the driver in mind with the interior layout. I miss having the smoother accelerating power of a V6, but will gladly take the better gas mileage of the RAV4.

Honestly, the entire vehicle. I really love driving it. I also like the cargo nets and hooks for grocery bags.

None at this time.

Toyota good but certainly not perfect
By TJ

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Original equipment tires wore out at 40000km (even though they were inflated and rotated at factory specs). Paint damage at 75000km is terrible. Rocker panels and lower door panels are full of rock marks (factory mud guards too small). Gas mileage has never come close to high end of rating, stays around 26- 27MPG (imperial gallons) regardless of city or highway driving. It is dependable but the worst, most disappointing thing is looking at the amount of paint damage on a 3 year old vehicle...unbelievable.

This Rav4 is the "Limited" version so seating is nice, performance adequate ride is firm. The practicality of the Rav4 is very good.

DEFINITELY needs improvements in rocker panel, lower door paint protection. Factory tires are junk good for 40000km's. Rear door can't be opened when ice and snow collects on the rear bumper.

• SUV